What would you do if you fail level 2 the second time?

You fail. Two harshest words in the English language. Harsher than f you because one is directed at you for any reason, the other being you are not worthy because you fail you. No one to blame but yourself. Freaking sad. Afraid of wife not respecting me… she thinks the world of me… now only disappointment. Three more dreadful days. Thank you, guys, for the input.

it would be devastating… makes me wonder… have anybody committed suicide from not passing (again) any cfa exam? no joke… (not that I’m ever in that camp)… but I can totally sympathize and understand why… these exams stress the crap outta people.

dbfinley Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have no job, live at home, and am flat broke. If > I fail level II I may just hang myself. But if I > don’t hang myself, yeah I’d take it again. the dry wit made me chuckle …hang in there mate

What is the max time frame for a CFA? Can you say man this sucks, I’m tired of it, then come back 4 years later and retake? I know that would be stupid, cause you will have forgotten most of it, but whats the limit?

there are no limits - once you pass a level it doesnt expire

yeah, the CFAI website also states this.

I saw some 50+ year old guys taking at level 2. Was afraid to ask…

retake the exam again :slight_smile:

I agree, we would prefer you hang around. do not give up and go to the other side. pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dbfinley Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I have no job, live at home, and am flat broke. > If > > I fail level II I may just hang myself. But if > I > > don’t hang myself, yeah I’d take it again. > > > the dry wit made me chuckle …hang in there > mate

I would be totally devasted… Especially after a colleague said she passed all three levels on the first try while barely studying. She also said that anyone that can not pass the exam just isnt too bright. Mind you, she isn’t even a member of MENSA.

She sounds like a lovely person…

Yeah seriously, wtf? Sounds to me like she has a case of sprezzatura…

I find the trick with really bitchy, smart, confident women is just to make them feel not so pretty and then they act like regular women.

Alright, I failed. Band 8. Didn’t drink. Not wasted. Just a little sad. I hope I retain some info when I will be reviewing and finishing up all the EOC questions I didn’t get to because I ran out of time studying. Yup, I’m retaking cuz I got nothing better to do. Told wifey. She felt for me, didn’t put me down or say anything negative. Just asked what I’m planning to do. I told her I’m retaking and she’s happy for that decision. I still have a job, and my wife!!! Yay! All of those who fail. Hang in there. Hope you are not giving up the program. Save $20/week for 30 weeks, and you’ll pay off the fee. Besides, the next time won’t be as hard.

Read this thread: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,1183557

inbead Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Read this thread: > > http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,11 > 83557 oh jeez. here we go again. This person “inbead” has posted his morbid advice by started a whole thread in BOTH L1 and L2 forums… and now this thread. If I gave the exam my absolute all and made a solid effort and get band 6 or below. I’d quit. If band 8-10, I’d try again. Remember only 120 questions. It’s a ton of info for only 120 q’s. You can be fortunate to study well on topics that hit, or unfortunate to study things that don’t hit. There is no doubt an element of chance involved in passing