What's harder, CFA or Masters in Finance from a top university/college

I tried to tell someone that, but they accused me of never having gone to graduate school or passed any CFA exams. I think they didn’t think I was in the top 10% in Nebraska or something. Once you’re in an MBA program or any graduate program you have resources and support. In the CFA program the barrier to entry is lower, but unless your firm provides you assistance you’re on your own at a desk, maybe you can get some support online but in an MBA program you can get extensions, you can retake classes, you can even take time off for a semester for medical reasons potentially, but your entire year’s worth of effort in the CFA program comes down to one exam, if you have to have emergency surgery a few days before the exam c’est la vie.

For the record I had emergency surgery I think three weeks before last years exam.

Getting rid of student loans is the hardest

This is true… however, anyone can sign up for CFA exams… my buddy thats a dishwasher can sign up for CFA exam and drop out…

To get into a top MBA program, my buddy would be rejected :_)

Wth that said, I would vote that CFA is tougher and better :slight_smile:

Fine, but let’s say you’re a L3 candidate. Your buddy wouldn’t make it that far and still about 40% fail.

MBA is not designed to fail people… sure it’s harder to get into the top MBA program but not to graduate. CFA is designed to fail more than half the candidates.

To put things in perspective- Out of 5 people who start the CFA Program, only 1 will actually earn the Charter.

#FoReal

Smart people are not in majority of those who pass CFA exams, than persistent and dedicated people. And a perseverance is not the virtue that majority of people have. This explains the 1 to 5 ratio.

I personally know two people who did not finish their CFA after passing level 1…they are in that oh CFA is tough that 80% never finish group…Well both of them stopped the CFA route after getting into a top MBA program…I am sure they would have had no problem in passing the exams…One of the 2 is my former boss with MBA/JD from Stanford.

For me CFA was tough but GMAT was tougherrrrr. Ive put in a lot of time in my GMAT to get over the +700 hurdle

Yep. Most of people have bias not to finish yet started things. Also, most people wouldn’t sacrifice the queen to gain tactical compensation. Bird in the hand theory at work.

I agree 100% that this is pointless. We all know Titleist is better.

def cfa, after it i for mad offers