What's in it for them?

I have a feeling you are talking about her

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenia_Tchoumitcheva

pics or she doesn’t exist?

WOW…I was half asleep but now wide awake

Can’t, since she’s now one of close personal friends (funny how that works). However, I had forwarded one of my friends a pic of her in a miniskirt. He said that he was looking at it on the subway and some random dude next to him saw it and said “holy sh!t who’s that??” Needless to say your average chick doesn’t usually elicit that type of response from strangers.

good looks aside, is she competent at what she does (whatever that might be)?

I have seen quite a few bsd’s who literally hire eye candy on their team just because they like the view when cmoing to work.

Just the view?

do you look like Maria Ozawa? Dont google her if you dont know who she is.

I will hire you on the spot.

Geez can I get a nsfw warning with google requests?

Edit: DON’T google… just saw that… thanks…

^I knew I liked this chick for a reason

Congrats on passing.

Is this all through an agent or working direct with the employer?

Thank you!

Through an agent, yes. Speaking directly with employers tomorrow on the phone.

Now, I don’t want to roast any chickens before they hatch, but I’m 80% sure I’m hired here at a PE firm doing mostly mundane support work. However, it’s a small firm an the investment team seems to like me, so they seem to want to take me under their wings. I don’t know how realistic that is, but it’s nice to hear that it’s at least not intended (or marketed) as a dead end job. I like the firm, I like their approach, and I do feel like I’m a good fit. And it’ll be nice to get any sort of experience.

With that in mind, I don’t know if I want to fly to NYC and keep looking… very different sort of jobs, one is in sales and other is trading. They are looking for someone entry-level and J/E bilingual. I will find out more tomorrow, and would love to hear all of your advice. Obviously I will not burn any bridges here, but it’s exciting to think of an opportunity to relocate, as daunting as it is.

Why stop with just the view? A true BSD does what he wants when he wants.

This alone was worth opening this thread.

My advice as someone who built and managed a team in Japan – take this job if you get it. It’s very difficult to get a foot in the door these days. You will know within 3-6 months if they are truly going to mentor you or if it’s strictly an admin job. If they mentor you, you can grow into the business while “putting in your time” on the admin side. The reality is most entry level jobs (including investment banking M&A) are basically admin-ish anyway. If not, you will have some experience and be located in a major financial hub and can move in a year or two.

Don’t sell yourself short, it is hard to find J/E bilingual people and Japan is hot right now. Japanese is simply not a language that many people speak outside of Japan.

If you are serious about a career in finance, there is basically nothing for you in Seattle. There is one sell side firm, about four hedge funds, and a couple of small PE firms. Only one of the funds does work in Japan (they are based in Kirkland) and their track record is mediocre at best.

So take this job as long as it’s a reasonable offer and you can afford to live in NYC.

Also, I would be curious if you can elaborate on their strategy? There is basically no PE that occurs in Japan, so what does a PE firm want with a Japanese speaker? Japan is an island of buyers with few sellers. That is going to change at some point within your lifetime and you could potentially benefit from that over the next couple of decades if you can get some real PE experience.