What's in Your Wallet (Portfolio)?

Palantir Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think concentrated bets would lower risks if you’ve got a thorough understanding of what affects the securities in the portfolio and if they are massively undervalued. That’s basically my investment philosophy. Information breadth vs. coefficient. Nail both and you’re probably doing pretty well.

25% canadian index 25% us index 25% emerging markets 25% international markets (ex north america and emg markets) Time frame: 35 years

Canada 25%? Why not (similarly-sized economies) Indonesia or Spain 25% instead?

I’m lazy. Market ETF ftw.

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Canada 25%? Why not (similarly-sized economies) > Indonesia or Spain 25% instead? Most likely he is Canadian. I have mostly US equities because I am in the US.

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Canada 25%? Why not (similarly-sized economies) > Indonesia or Spain 25% instead? Home bias, although it is a resource country. When oil, gold and other commodities go up, the index follows.