What's next if we pass?

I think Homer said it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti5AkLup1mI

If you do everything right, you may get the charter by Christmas.

Can you elaborate? The right to use the designation, or the physical charter?

Getting the charter is the key to life

Update your linkedin profile. Drink lots of alcohol. Go back to work. I guess. I mean that’s what I’m going to do. I still need 1.5 more years of experience.

I mean the physical charter. You will not be notifiied when you can use the designation. You will have to periodically login to the CFA website to see if they’ve put CFA after your name. That may happen in October.

Thanks. That seems like the most underwhelming way to actually find out.

Incorrect, they send you an email telling you that you can use the charter.

I suppose, but that’ll come WEEKS after they award you the designation online.

next day for me.

I’d agree with those saying to get started now with the approval process, it can take a while, but don’t worry, even once you have passed are approved for memebership and pay your dues you can’t use the letters until CFAI tell you. Last year they did this on 4th Septemberfor eveyone who was a member and had passed.

So if you are already a member and recieve the email you want on August 12th you’ll still need to wait about a month before you can add CFA to your business cards.

You should only pay for membership of you pass on the release date

I don’t understand what the major rush is unless you absolutely need the designation for your job. Admit me in September or admit me in November. It makes no difference.