Whats the game plan

Guys a few people mentioned that we can get some schweser material for free till the results are out. Can someone people tell me where and how I can get access to that material?

Thanks!

(ps I already have an account on the schweser website, if that helps)

Went to my Christmas party last night, had a great time! The exam is a world away now. My plan is too go to a bunch of Christmas parties and start studying for Level II first week of January. I want to start looking for a new position come July.

Here: http://www.startwithschweser.com/

sounds great

Awesome! Thanks a ton =)

Well I have started off with my classes just to be on the safe side as I work full time and in case I pass, I don’t want to be going all over the place trying to cover my syllabus and pulling all nighters way ahead of time. My tuition center’s refunding/freezing policies were pretty good so I guess that was a plus for me

I started reviewing L2 quantitative materials, and they are not difficult at all thou. You’ll find most stuffs familiar if you have taken any statistic courses in regression and time series at your school.

Ya it feels weird that after daily 11-hr work and battling traffic jam i amnot rushing to study and screaming all those formulas like i did for 3 months before exam

It feels nice being able to cook dinner for my hubby (who endured takeouts, mwave food and junkfood deliveries for 3 months). We missed the veggies haha. Now watching commedies i missed during 3 months of crazy studying (yes i wish i had started earlier)

Hubby cringed when i told him i am buying L2 books soon just to prepare, even if i turn out failing dec 1 exam, i feel better if i have good preparation than the L1 exam. He must be thinking :“oh noooo 6 months of junk food!!!” but he smiled when i said i do this so i wont rush in the study (i think he didnt buy my words. He knows junk food must be in order at least in april and may!)

I’d wait till you get through the exam to start talking about how easy LII is.

Sorry if I’m late to this party. I just now noticed this thread. Rookie, I did the same thing. Started studying in February with a new baby, and I also started a new job in March. So I know how tough it is. My recommendation would be “Don’t do it.” Just wait for 2014. That being said–I think it’s doable, but not without great sacrifice to your family life, your sleep schedule, and your sanity. And I don’t think it’s worth it. FWIW - I studied my butt off from mid-March to test day, and I failed with Score Band 10. That really sucked. Not sure if I’d rather bomb it, or get a Score Band 10.

To the words of Black Swan, you listen. Full of wisdom, she is. Skip the quant and dive right into the pension accounting and swap valuation. Then come back and tell us how easy Level 2 is.

Again, Black Swan tells it like it is, from somebody who’s been there. Stop collecting useless designations. If you don’t work in Alternative Investments (or want to work in Alternative Investments), then don’t take the Alternative Investment exam. The CFA exam is different–it is broad enough that you can work in a variety of different areas of finance, yet it’s still difficult enough that it actually means something. (IMHO, the CPA and JD designation is like that as well.) All other designations that I can think of are either too easy to mean something, or they’re very narrow in their scope.