whats your favorite cheap food?

Got to be pizza, even if eating 1 slice seems wrong. I’m all about burritos and tacos too.

Burek,

Sarma,

Cevapi.

All per $5-$6 each meal.

I think I make a Slovak version of sarma. Delicious.

I just crushed a breakfast sandwich from a Jewish deli (Hershel’s) and I gotta say that is tough to beat for a cheap breakfast.

I love fried chicken, but now I own half a fried chicken place so I’m not going out of my way to buy it.

Mexican food is great for cheap food. Below are my favorite for tacos and burritos, respectively, in the US. You must make your own tortilla fresh for tacos or do not apply. One is east coast and one is west coast.

Rehobeth beach: http://www.tacoreho.com/, get the buffalo shrimp taco

Ja Jolla: http://www.letstaco.com/, get the al pastor burrito

Mexican Chilli con Carne or Fajitas. Delicious.

i also forgot mc donalds breakfast, mc muffin for $1 is amazing value.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/taco-bell-reveals-its-5-most-popular-menu-items-of-2016

Ranked by Sales Here’s the full top five:

5. Nachos 4. Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Taco 3. Bean Burrito 2. Soft Taco 1. Crunchy Taco

Notice the pattern here? All five of the most popular menu items cost well under $2 each with the single exception of the Soft Taco, which’ll set you back $2.49 if you order it with grilled steak. This isn’t exactly surprising, considering you can buy _three_Bean Burritos for less than what you’d pay for, say, a Smothered Burrito ($4.19). No wonder the chain just introduced new $1 Double Stacked Tacos.

Taco Bell didn’t release any specific numbers but said the ranking is based solely on sales. But, hey, it’s probably safe to say that when people buy more expensive menu items like Crunchwraps, they’re also ordering multiple cheap tacos, too. At least, that’s the smart thing to do.

Tacos, souvlaki (greek shish kabob), gyros, and spanakopita (spinach pie)

A delicious breakfast burrito.

Nong Shim Ramen. Or Poutine.

I’ve never understood breakfast burritos.

I was back home recently and queuing in a breakfast takeaway place and 2 guys in a row ordered a bacon, haggis and black pudding roll. i welled up with patriotism.

Gringo, as a well traveled scotsman, do you find UK (Edinburgh/London) cuisine is quite limited vs major North American cities in both variety and quality?

London definitely not, in my book it’s better than NYC for variety and quality.

Edinburgh is pretty good for a city of 500k people although the variety isn’t that good. When you go anywhere else in Scotland it’s pretty dire to be honest. Going to restaurants isn’t something that people did until about 30 years ago unless you were very rich, things have changed a lot in that time but it isn’t as ingrained in the culture as in the rest of europe.

People love chains restaurants in the UK. Mid range places like Pizza Express, Zizzi, Wagamama, Byron etc. because outside of London and Edinburgh the quality is hit and miss so overall you’re safer going to a chain than risking an independent place.

The service is definitely not to the same standard though, particularly in Scotland. I was in a good restaurant in Edinburgh recently and an American at the table next to me ordered a soda water and lime with “as much ice as you can get in the glass and 2 lime wedges” and the waitress pretty much took the piss out of her for the rest of the meal.

$1 dog night.

Street tacos

Back in the 80s and 90s, it was 7-11 extra large beef and bean burritos.

The waitress topped the glass of ice and lime with piss? Well, no wonder people aren’t going to these establishments.

aye, she was just being a tad bit cheeky guv! give the wee lass a break wouldn’t ya?

Just went to the local hole in the wall mexican food place for dinner. Carnitas platter, three street tacos al pastor and chicken with chips and various salsas all for $15. I should also mention that I may have seen a rat… But the food tastes good!

Shiver me timbers, matey! You’re right! Oh, bollocks. But for sure and begorrah, that lass’ meal did go t its up after swillin’ that piss seltzer, aye?

Whilst I wouldn’t be surprised if, at some point in history, an American has been served a drink laced with piss in an Edinburgh restaurant, in this case the waitress merely made fun of the women for her incredibly precise drinks order.

What is considered cheap?

For me, Jamaican patties.