What's your relevant work experience?

• External/Internal Auditor (FS & Processes)
  • Head Of Finance
  • Accountant

started as an assistant accountant…

Me, too. But 20 years ago.

~2 Years as a Consultant with one of the big 4s.

5 years - bank regulator

7.5 years experience of sell side equity research

3 years - associate at RIA firm

8 months investment banking, 3.5years buyside equity research at an asset manager

Then, FP&A; now, buy side PE/Alternatives investments globally.

1.5 years private wealth management

Almost 1 year at a public accounting firm doing private business valuations.

8 years in financial data

12 years -started with Reseach and currently in Risk Management

Hello everyone

I wanted to gather some more info as i am preparing my write up for the WE requirements as part of membership process.

1. i have worked in 3 different firms (Deal Advisory/M&A) in big 4 companies and wanted to know whether i need to have one sponsor from every employer, or is it OK to have from say only 2 out of 3?

2. Given that the nature of my work across these 3 firms are nearly similar (although i climbed up the ladder, so from Junior Consultant to Manager along the years), do i need to repeat the work done under 3 different headers (for 3 different employers) or i can sort of prepare a condensed list per type of services (e.g. transactional valuations, financial due diligences, lead advisory, Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), etc?

3. Do i need to state that i spend at least 50% of my time in preparing work products which will be used (in my case by Boards, investment committees) for finalising their acquisitions (mainly unquoted shares) since this is the only thing i do - i.e. i spend 100% of my time doing this work.

Many thanks for the help, in advance.

Cheers!

Started Business Analyst 1 year

Senior Business Analyst & Product Manager 1.5 years

Business Partner controller Current (3 months)

Six years analyzing mortgage-backed securities at a tiny fixed income shop in Newport Beach, CA.

17 years in corporate banking (credit analyst, project finance, client relationship management, commercial for the most and IB for a shorter time period).

But I’m just asking reference from my latest employer (last 5 yrs).

I’m intending to use only one of my employments. It never occurred to me you have to get everything approved, only 48 months.

About the 50%, good question, I was not that specific, as I have no idea how many % of my time was used for this and that.

I gave a description (in bullet points) about the responsibilities involved in my job.

But I just submitted my WE, I have no idea if it’s gonna be approved, or not.

4 years FP&A and my experience was approved by CFAI. Waiting on the local society to approve my membership now then I actually get to join the club.

I think I’ve heard of them. Pim-something or another.

6 years as a performance/quant analyst (portfoliol-level statistical/quantitative research and analysis)

If you have to ask - you can’t afford me.