When do you plan to start studying??

today = day 1

amen…day 1 :slight_smile:

for the love of god…TODAY

Today. Still waiting on L1 results but very confident that I passed. The month off sure did go by quickly.

today is day 40 or so. Equity Book done, half of FRA done. reviewing equity again today; Equity and FRA were about 50% of the exam by weight last year. Not bad for 2/8 of the topics.

youre gonna crush this bad boy magicsky

Started right before Thanksgiving. FRA and Corporate Finance are done. With Equity, I’ve completed the first SS and will be done with the remainder of the book about 2.5 weeks. Reading full CFAI curriculum and doing all EOCs

I hope so. wut about u gorilla? you retaking as well, or did you already crush it?

Pgiger Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Unless you just passed level 1, you’re already > behind the crowd. My study group is finishing > corporate finance today. Thats 50% of the material > covered. Disagree also - I got band 10 failure last year after starting in Jan - burnt out by April. No more studying would have made me pass. This year I will be starting in Feb.

Igirl44, it depends. If you’re overdoing it, then no matter how much you cram, you risk a burnout. I started in September 2 hours a night and 3-4 hours per weekend day. I have taken breaks but I wanted to make sure i understood 70-75% of the material on the first pass before I start my review which will be more intense. I could be wrong though. Maybe I’ll flunk band 1. Last year was band 5 :frowning: lgirl44 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Pgiger Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Unless you just passed level 1, you’re already > > behind the crowd. My study group is finishing > > corporate finance today. Thats 50% of the > material > > covered. > > > Disagree also - I got band 10 failure last year > after starting in Jan - burnt out by April. No > more studying would have made me pass. > > This year I will be starting in Feb.

Meazza, you study like animal

NYCGorilla Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Meazza, you study like animal I’m sure there are plenty here that do a lot more than me. The trick is trying to maintain a social life.

I have already read through the material once to get myself familiar with where I may need the most time, and if I retain even 25% of it I will be satisfied. Starting January 1st I began a second read through where I am taking extensive notes, doing as many practice questions as I can and trying to get a solid grasp of as many topics as I can. I am about halfway through Corp Finance at the moment. To keep myself motivated / stressed, I added a countdown widget to my cell phone that constantly tells me how many days (140 at the moment) until test day.

Eastcoast, that’s pretty good. I myself don’t have the time and patience to go through the readings once again. I learn better by doing problems so I"m going to do as many as possible. Good luck to you!

meazza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Eastcoast, that’s pretty good. I myself don’t have > the time and patience to go through the readings > once again. I learn better by doing problems so > I"m going to do as many as possible. Good luck to > you! Thanks! I think when it comes to mastering 3,000 pages of content, no two people are going to be successful with the same gameplan. Best of luck to you as well. On a completely random note, maybe it’s because it is 2AM and I have studied ten hours today, but the following item from the Schweser simulation analysis explanation just made me laugh: “To Solve: 1) Assume the specific probability distribution parameters 2) Simulate a random draw from assumed distribution for each input variable 3) Given each of the inputs from step 2, calculate NPV 4) Repeats steps 2 & 3 TEN THOUSAND TIMES * You will not be responsible for doing this calculation” Well gee thanks Schweser!

I have started my prep about 2 weeks back. Finished corp fin and FI. studying for 2 hrs/day mon-fri, weekends 5 hrs- 20 hrs/week. Intend to finish by april. Plan to increase prep time in the last month for revision-6 hrs/day so net prep time should be about 400-450 hrs. Is this going to be adequate to crack this monster?

I was wondering whether there are anyone with FRM giving L2 this june . I cleared L1 and FRM (Full) last year so I found most of derivatives , Fixed income and quant parts already covered in my FRM prep besides I work as an equity analyst so I can enjoy the equity valuation and corp fin part of L2 other than that ethics , FSA and economics bothers me . I am planning to start in march(GMAT prep till feb last week) with 3-4 hrs every weekday and 6-8 hrs during weekends considering I start in march I have 3 solid months of prep time . do you guys think its a decent strategy ?

I plan to start studying today. Finally.

^ Valores are you repeating this exam? Else you gota be really smart or really stupid…

^ I am going to study practically full time, as I am a student, and the exam session has passed already and there is not much left