when to start studying for level 2 if you aren't sure about passing

Warren is half-right, can only order 2014 though

-> http://www.cfainstitute.org/learning/products/publications/Pages/cfa_program_curriculum.aspx

http://www.amazon.com/2015-Level-Official-Curriculum-Book/dp/1939515351/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418076183&sr=8-1&keywords=cfa+curriculum+2015

Funny . . . I took his question to be research itself.

If he can get other people to do the heavy lifting for him, he sounds excellent for research.

Warrenb1,FratBoyDeluxe and Jounin83 thank you very much for your input.I guess the amazon link settled it.

One could call the CFA Institute tomorrow and order (by phone) the June Level 2 2015 printed curriculum with no problem (for $150 plus $20 for shipping). The printed curriculum is not required!!! The CFA sells the electronic version of the curriculum as it’s primary offering when you register for the exam’s now!!! Level 1’s who think they passed the December exam can order the printed curriculum now. However, they will pay for the electronic version when they receive the good news that they passed the December exam and register for the June Level 2 exam (trust me, that’s not a bad thing). Study away Level 1s!!! The RISK is yours!!!

Warrenb1

this sounds like a very unique situation for anyone who sat for Level I in December… :confused:

DING, DING, DING!!!

If you are committed to the CFA Program I suggest you focus on the following Level II readings till you get your result:

FRA: Inventories, long lived assets, evaluating quality of financial reports (similar reading at Level I)

Corporate Finance: Capital budgeting, capital structure, dividends

Equity: Return concepts, discounted dividend valuation

Fixed Income: Introduction to asset backed securities (this reading is at both levels for 2015)

If you pass Level I then the benefit of already having done the above readings is obvious.

If you don’t pass then the above readings will help you reinforce several important concepts which will help you pass Level I in June 2015.

Good luck.

Regards,

Arif

I’m sorry?

Schwesse or another 3rd party should came out with a plan where you buy one book for the next level for say $50 bucks with the options to buy the full set less the original 50 bucks if you pass.

If you found out that you failed then its only $50 bucks lost.

Not sure if they still offer it, but you used to be able to buy Elan videos by the chapter… I think the equity and quant stuff was free, as well. Videos probably aren’t ideal, but they’re better than sitting around twiddling your thumbs waiting for the results to come out.

Nothing to apologize for… I was simply acknowledging that this is the proper way to approach Level II if you just sat for Level I in December (and believe that you have a fair chance of passing that exam). Onwards and upwards!

I have one question- If We pass Dec L1 and plan to sit for June L2. Than the first deadline for June L2 Registration has already passed. So does that mean we have to pay the L2 fees WITH FINE by DEFAULT ?? I mean if thats the case than isnt that unfair for people who wrote the exams on dec? Isnt there a exemption from fine to only those who wrote the exam in dec?

Phone a friend and get their level 2 books. The ciriculum might have changes a bit but I’m focusing on equity and Fixed Income first as it a huge part of lvl 2