Where to next? Career Advice

I’m 24 and my job title is Money Market Trader in a Treasury Dept. I’ve been in my current job for almost a year and realize that the growth potential is limited due to the lean structure of my organization. I work for a small $3 Billion bank and am pretty much in charge of Funding/Collateral management, bond accounting, bidding on CD’s, buying Fed Funds, Asset Liability Management, Int Rate Risk…pretty broad job responsibilities I know. I’ve always been interested in equity research and have the dream of working as a Portfolio manager but I’m also open to the other sides of finance as I continue to learn about them. I don’t know how hard it will be for me to move from my current role to equity research (after the industry gets back on it’s feet) so I’m interested in alternative ideas/advice. I plan on passing level I/II before I leave. Any possibility of I-banking? Equity Research/Trading? If you were in my situation what would be your next career? I don’t like ALM. This might sound weird/immature/naive but I like knowing what’s going on in all of the market w/ diff comps, being on the Bloomberg all day, etc… I’ve also thought about gaining experience here and moving on to a larger bank and working in the Treasury dept where I can focus more on the markets and won’t be responsible for a lot of the ALM analysis, etc. Also gain a larger knowledge of fixed income…my only exposure is pretty much to funding, fed funds, cd’s, etc…my boss (Asst Treasurer) deals with purchasing bonds so my experience is limited…and to be honest we don’t trade much…

I-Banking is hurting right now - will be pretty hard to get a job there most likely.