Which CFA Level Was The Hardest For You?

lvl 3 was the hardest because its the most fresh in my memory… (what type of bias am i exhibiting :P)

Level I: In hindsight it seemed easy; however, preparation was challenging due to the unknown variable. Was very confident I passed after the exam. Overall the easiest. (took in '05) Level II: I felt LII was difficult to prepare for because of the new concepts. However, I felt the exam was relatively easy because I was well prepared. I finished both the morning and afternoon sessions with about an hour left. Was very confident I passed after the exam. Overall I would say this was the second most difficult exam. (took in '06) Level III: The material was not difficult; however, there was a lot of it. Studying was not too bad because the material was interesting. I think the thing that made it difficult was the lack of motivation to spend so much time studying for a third straight spring. Relative to the first two levels, I felt the least confident after LIII; however, I still felt like I passed after the exam. I felt the exam was the most diffcult. (took in '07)

Difficulty L1: 5 L2: 8 L3: 9 Approximate hours L1: 250 L2: 180 L3: 150

dezert Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Difficulty > > L1: 5 > L2: 8 > L3: 9 > > Approximate hours > > L1: 250 > L2: 180 > L3: 150 Did any others see their study time decrease over the levels? Was the increase in difficulty because you studied less or was the material just that much more difficult? I ask b/c I just took level 1, put about 250 hours into it, and while I don’t feel that it was a walk in the park I really believe I was over prepared.

L1 – 1 L2 – 5 L3 – 6

whodey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dezert Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Difficulty > > > > L1: 5 > > L2: 8 > > L3: 9 > > > > Approximate hours > > > > L1: 250 > > L2: 180 > > L3: 150 > > > Did any others see their study time decrease over > the levels? Was the increase in difficulty > because you studied less or was the material just > that much more difficult? no, the norm is that the amount of hours increases, as the tests get harder. and those hrs are definitely on the low side for levels II and III.

I would say three was. Not that two wasn’t but I suppose the combination of all the hype over L2 relative to L1 kills a lot of people’s spirit so you go in prepared to get your head handed to you. However, make no mistake, the item set section of my L3 exam [I got my Charter in 2005] was just brutal. BRUTAL. I mean I would be less than honest if I said that I actually KNEW more than 1 out of every 3 questions…probably more like 1 out of 4. I’d say 2 out of 4 I really had to stress over while the fourth was blind guessing. BLIND. I’m sure I had a coin toss to decision some of these monsters. And here is why I hate the exams individually. I took 4 years to get my Charter and I flunked L2…but…when I walked out of the L2 exam I was fairly confident I passed. For L3 I walked out thinking “Willy, you weren’t even close…don’t toss out those study notes just yet”. Willy

Lvl III was the hardest. Level I - Breath and uncertainity Level II - Formulas and Accounting Level III - Essay portion is a beast and Time Pressure

I just took Level 3 and took 2 last year. I’d say 3.

Level I for sure. I failed it once

I would say L2 but really it’s L3. The fact that I flunked 2 once and cleared 3 isn’t really the point. 3 was brutal. Willy

Level III because I haven’t taken it yet.

3 is hard as hell Maratikus. I wish I could say it’s the “give me” level but it ain’t. That was in the 1980s and 1990s. They really cranked up 3. You definitely gotta EARN that level. Willy

3 is hard Maratikus. I wish I could say it’s the “give me” level but it ain’t. That was in the 1980s and 1990s. They really cranked up 3. You definitely gotta EARN that level. Willy