Who finished the AM session?

I did the same mistake of responding a full question on a blank paper the to realize that we had a box for it, I went back and rewrote the same crap in the box costing me previous time…I mean I just hope I had what I did correct to help me get 75 in the AM, the PM was weird to me so at best I will get 60, damn…this is not gonna be good this year…

agreed, when I opened the book and saw that topic at the end, I told myself I wasn’t going to miss those points, no matter what! still i felt a little rushed in the back half and missed some points on the last few questions

Based off of my 2013 results I thought the graders were pretty harsh to me last year. The graders obviously award partial credit, but from my experience they are very reluctant to hand out top marks. There were three or four questions where I received 50-70 marks where I thought I should have easily received 90% of the available points. I was shellshocked by my AM breakdown. I crushed the PM, all but one topic >70, but it wasn’t enough to lift me over the MPS.

The very first thing I did, after taking a deep breath, was do a flyover of the entire exam looking for templates and putting a big fat “T” next to the question in the table of contents. Do that and you’ll never miss another template again.

^

your marks over 70 might have barely been over 70. You dont know either way.

I mean to mace 75% in the AM you can miss 45 marks, I didn’t answer 12 marks that still leave me 33 mark it miss on different items that’s like 8 question of 4 marks…feasible…

Chuckrox8 , I’m surprised you still haven’t passd Level 3. I myself, killed the PM session last year, but got crushed in the AM. I hope and pray we pass this time around, dude.

.I managed to finish with 15 minutes left for review. But i finally found out that i missed couple simple sub-questions ==’

p.s. I’m a re-taker and I left 3 questions blank in 2013 exam.

First time taker here. I remember takiing the schweser live mock and getting my ass handed to me. As a result I over prepared for the exam. I think I worked through 8 practice exams in total. Imagine about 550 hours in total.

So yes, I finished the morning, and I had 20 mins to go back over my answers.

But as I was going over my answers I found stupid mistakes in them. So I am unsure of the quality.

As for the ‘tricks’ people keep referring to on this forum- There were only a couple. From what I can tell the questions were straightforward, you know it, or you don’t. I personally expect about a 70 on the morning and a 70 on the pm.

But I hear that many people felt this way, and then failed. So I remain unsure of what the CFA gods have in store for me.

Time to go read some tea leaves.

AM was pretty much straight forward but it was time crushing! I felt 15 minutes earlier then went back to see if i can add value to couple of subparts. I believe 2-3 subparts were tricky but other than that it was straightforward you either know it, or you dont. In case you dont then MOVE ON. I skipped three subparts but then when i turned back to them, I know how to solve them easily and i believe it was the exam pressure which made me “wtf” about them earlier.

I felt I did better on the AM as im sure of 10-12 mistakes so far on the PM.

By doing question 4 I recognized that I´m behind time schedule and had to increase the pace. Finished and had appr. 5 minutes time for review…

Was head down 3 hours, looked up and proctor announced to put pens down. didnt get chance to review what and where i wrote answers…now i dream of missing a template or two… feels ridiculous !

I turn my clock forward by 5 minutes. This is a good trick that makes u feel that u are always out of time, and push u to the next question, which yield higher mark-to-time than focusing on any question. I have 10 minutes left to check for mistake.

From a Band 9 retaker.

AM

Started using a cautious strategy and speed up as the tempo built up the confidence.

Finished 5/10 mins before and checked that all answers were in correct spots and skimmed through.

Got to correct couple of minor mistakes.

I missed the first template so had to rewrite that answer, but I was about 10 minutes ahead of schedule at that point so it was all good. I had one subpart left blank with 20 minutes to spare, then the answer finally came to me and I used the rest of the time to make sure I didn’t leave anything blank on accident, etc. 5 minutes of twiddling my thumbs till they called time.

I always thought they should add “template recognition and compliance” as another Learning Outcome Statement - I know it can be argued that you should be able to read the directions - but I would argue there have probably been as many points lost to exam “form completing” as to many of the substantive topics.

Never did get a straight answer about whether referencing content in another location (outside the template) would get them to read and accept your answer but always had my doubts.

Yes I can tell you 100% if you wrote outside the template but labeled the question it WILL get marked. cheers

+1

im sure im the only one in this forum who didn’t answer 3 full questions… (which is about 55 points or 55% of the whole scores)

i didnt know the time was very tight so i took my time very very casually… i finished the first question in 45 mins… f**k me right…

55 points is definitely not 55%.