Who's with me?

love long straddles sponge… you volatile yellow holey (not holy, nice try babe) cartoon that lives on the bottom of the ocean, you. who else got dinged and has to put up with me for a year? i hope nobody and all my homies are homies, CFA now.

wow, I can’t believe some of the names that didn’t pass. I was sure mumu and n.vancandidate would have passed. if you didn’t pass I knew there was no hope for me. I have no doubt you’ll pass next year. I’ve been a long time lurker, but learned a lot from you guys. i hope to contribute more next year.

vici09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------ > > I’ve been a long time lurker, but learned a lot > from you guys. i hope to contribute more next > year. Promise you will. Don’t retreat into the lurker shadows again.

So sorry to hear that mumu, n.vancandidate & Sponge_Bob_CFA. Put your gamefaces back on. L3 for 2010

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So sorry to hear that mumu, n.vancandidate & > Sponge_Bob_CFA. > > Put your gamefaces back on. L3 for 2010 Back under the old screen name Mr. Sundrani? I was looking for your results. Nice job.

Congrats mwvt9! You guys are all done! I’ll post using this one.

There it is!

lol feels like a reunion! For thos that past level 3, congratulations! It is truely an accomplishment! I’m sorry to see some of the people I knew from level 2 last year did not make it past level 3 this year but hopefully 2010 we will all get our charters together! I look forward to reviewing for the level 3 exam with you all

wow …all those words of encouragement got me thinking there for a while…and honestly I would retake this thing …just because it’s so much fun being on this bloody forum and listening to you guys…!!! BUT…I really don’t see myself taking it next year… this is not a “i’m-in-denial” decision that i took after seeing my result…this was something I had thought about all the while when studying/taking the exam/and walking out of the exam door…which is why I had put in my heart and soul…knowing I DID not and WOULD Not take it again… too bad luck wasn’t on my side… NVan / Sponge …really surprised to see you guys here tooo…but sponge…i’m SORTA going to be in a similar situation…I’m gonna be an aunt!!..my brother’s having his first baby in late dec/early jan…so focusing on studying is going to be tough cause i’m gonna be with the baby a loootttt! anyway…time will tell…i’ll be around … one way or the other :wink:

Level 3: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. The Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 26 - * - 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 9 * - - 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 24 - * - 4 Portfolio Management - Institutional 11 - - * 5 Economics 19 - * - 6 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 10 * - - 7 Equity Investments 17 - * - 8 Alternative Investments 15 - * - 9 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 16 * - - 10 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 15 * - - 11 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 18 * - - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% -Derivatives 18 - - * -Economics 18 - - * -Equity Investments 36 - - * -Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * -Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - -Portfolio Management 18 - * - -Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - * - Band 9

swaptiongamma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Congrats mwvt9! You guys are all done! I’ll post > using this one. Funny guy! You can start a new thread and have a heated argument with yourself until both nicks are banned :wink:

mumu, unacceptable. the little baby is going to think that his/her aunt is WAY cooler with a mumu, CFA title. giddy up and let’s go girl.

yup, I became a daddy a month before I wrote level 2 exam this june…you could imagine how hard it was BUT when you do pass its 1000 times sweeter because you get to spend your exam celebrations with the baby and you passed! So mumu give it another go, you are so close and if you decided not to take the charter after failing a level 1 exam then I’d say go for it because you didn’t really get started… BUT your at level 3, you are so close to making it that if you decide not to write the exam and finish the charter then your level 1 and level 2 exams would have all been wasted for nothing and not only that thats at least 1.5 years of hard studying for nothing (6 months for level 1 and 6 months for level 2 and 6 months for level 3) Besides 2010 will be different because we will all be here too! So lets give it a go and go for the gold signed, CFA Charters of 2010

Ankitadev - looks like you bombed AM part big time due to IPS like me! What a total pain!

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So sorry to hear that mumu, n.vancandidate & > Sponge_Bob_CFA. > > Put your gamefaces back on. L3 for 2010 Dinesh, I am glad to see you are here on L3, I would have much prefered to be a non writing participant but looks like I am going to do to L3 what I did to L2 the second time aorund: Murder it and get over 70% on everything…

Band 10 here too

to all band 10’s, studying next year should be a breeze. maybe just start in April…i think you need to finish it even just for completion’s sake. Mumu, I’m sorry that you were so close.

bannisja, dinesh, mumu, mwvt, sponge, nvan, marat and I all back together again in the same thread. I never thought I’d see the day. It’s great to have this mini reunion, although I wish the circumstances could be great for all parties. Dinesh, I really miss those study late night sessions in NYC man, those were the highlight of my CFA prep career. I keep hoping someday I’ll get a job up there so we can kick it old school. It’s a shame Jalmy never came back.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bannisja, dinesh, mumu, mwvt, sponge, nvan, marat > and I all back together again in the same thread. > I never thought I’d see the day. It’s great to > have this mini reunion, although I wish the > circumstances could be great for all parties. > Dinesh, I really miss those study late night > sessions in NYC man, those were the highlight of > my CFA prep career. I keep hoping someday I’ll > get a job up there so we can kick it old school. > It’s a shame Jalmy never came back. but now you are leaving us for good. How is job search going? Have you started your road trip yet?

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bannisja, dinesh, mumu, mwvt, sponge, nvan, marat > and I all back together again in the same thread. > I never thought I’d see the day. It’s great to > have this mini reunion, although I wish the > circumstances could be great for all parties. > Dinesh, I really miss those study late night > sessions in NYC man, those were the highlight of > my CFA prep career. I keep hoping someday I’ll > get a job up there so we can kick it old school. > It’s a shame Jalmy never came back. We are indeed…lets get this mother done in 2010 and then we can all do a weekend of celebration in a central location and put faces to names… I am going to start an email list in January so send me your email addys to n.vancandidate@gmail.com