Why are asians so obsessed with obtaining as many certificates as they can?

I’d higher the person with more letters for the entry level jobs because I know he/she will be a hard worker. But not for higher positions.

This.

The thing I regret most when looking back years in high school was that I spent ***** too much time studying. Yes, it came from the peer pressure. Could you imagine that my classmates liked to glue themselves at desks to study during break time? That made a 15 year old me feel being lost or an idiot when asking them to play badminton with me. My parents didn’t care much at the first place but they started getting peer pressure from other parents… I find myself coward for not telling my parents years back that I would give a **** to grades our neighbor’s kids scored at school or that please stop sending me to so many after hour classes cuz I had got enough and my head was about to explode.

I still remember the moment I told my aunt that I wanted to become a nurse; she looked at me as if I were an E.T. Her kid (my cousin) was in the same boat with me. He goes to the med school just because it is the dream of his parents while he just wants to become a jazz singer. I used to have a crazy thought that upon he finishes the med school, he would hand the degree to his parents, say “I am done”, and then pursue his singing path…

what does ‘higher the person’ mean?

Hahaha :D!

how can we get a job in australia?

fed uop of kpo in india

I think in Asia, education/qualification are more sought after by employers. I’m from Australia and feel that there is more focus on “experience” and “culture fit”. But it’s good that Asian strive for the best that’s why we are where we are.

Some of my colleagues can do with the CFA program, their understanding of finance and accounting is just not up to scratch.

Not everything we do is rational… for example love is very irrational. Likewise the obsession for certificates See? I just covered an irrational argument with a barely rational argument

Love is something we invented to romanticize basic animal attraction, it is as rational as mathematics. We tend to categorize something as irrational if we do not immediately see or understand how something works. Love is one of those things that depend on a myriad of factors such as chemicals in the body, time, place, your upbringings and other circumstances.

we have been brought that way all the life-------if you dont study hard you wont get a good job-------competition is so tough out here----------

i still remember that eventhough i was a topper in ny school but when i couldnt get through IIT(Indian Institute of Technology)----------it seemed that whole world was lost-----nobody cared that odds of geting a good seat in IIT is 1: 1000------------------------sturggle and hardwork is a necessity out here

IIT is ridiculous lol, I know this guy who got into both IIT bombay and IIM ahmedabad but ended up being an IT geek that never socialized with anybody, quite sad actually.

One of my friends refused to interview someone because he had the CAIA and CFA as he did not want to hire people with such a mentality.

Pretty dumb reason not to hire someone, im doing CFA because I find it interesting and like a challenge for example.

The biggest stick in the yard hits the furthest homerun.