why do many CFAs have buyers remorse?

okay…acknowledged…so what were my assumptions from my post?

I quoted already.

hmmmm you mean

1. my comment about OP being a graduate of a non target school with bad GPA but wanting high finance job? That was no assumption…He said that - found in the link I provided.

2. He did tell one of the members including myself - found in the same link - that we have buyers remorse.

3. It is probably agreed by many on this forum that top20 MBA will land the guy a high finance job than just doing the CFA (the odds).

So, no assumptions made on my part…

in my okc profile. it says cfa charterholder. no one has ever found it interesting.

i always get a whats that? when i tell peopl im a cfa charterholder.

also the exam is hard. takes an advertised 1000 hrs of your life. only 20% chance you will even earn it.

say at 50 buck per hr. thats 50k. factor in 20% pass rate thtas a 250k proposition.

im tired of having to explain to people why i am smart.

if its any consolation because of it. i do feel internally smart.

some people in finance know of it. and if you have it, i will definitely respect ur opinion more.

^ if you have to explain to others why you’re smart…that is a losing battle…better not to explain at that point…just my opinion.

“Explaining” itself is no good…Bill Gates don’t have to explain to people why he is rich…Joe the plumber on the other hand try very hard why he is either rich or smart…

ahah thats not what i meant. im not actually explaining. i totally agree with you.

im saying there are certain achievements that i should mention, that should have a brand that people will recognize.

the very fact that people say whats that for the cfa, is well very sad considering how hard it is.

like my friend who will prop me up for girls would say he cfa. elicits no response from the girls.

he says ucla, and i get a oh wow you must be smart. what do you do?

then i say im ballin girl and my car is foreign.

ahhhh i see. I get it…My reading comprehension is lackluster to say the least.

So, as Golden Bears - UC Berkeley - i gotta say UCLA sucks! lol j/k

yeah i know exactly what you mean…Long ago when i was single and i actually went out every weekend…one of my close friends would go up to a girl and say hey didn’t you go to harvard? haha…the girl says no i went to _____ did you go to Harvard?

The real reason: We don’t have buyer’s remorse. We just don’t want new charterholders diluting an industry that’s in decline.

Opportunity cost.

i don’t have buyers remorse. those saying so are treated like cr** without regard to CFA…