Why does CFA provide curriculum when half of the exam takers use study notes?

Thought you might do that. Your mistake lives on…forever.

If you take it down, I will not refer all my clients to you and not disclose it to them.

What?

Anyone that bitches about the cost of the CFA programme clearly has no ability to make it in finance. Seriously, its dirty cheap compared to potential value and nearly any other alternative. The books are a cost of being in the programme.

that’s because all certifications are “dirty cheap”. No professional body charges as much as an MBA awarding body. Certifications are different, don’t compare them to other finance credentials. I’m sick of all the ignorant people on here. I’m out.

My intent was to be a dick, not condescending but thanks for the spell check brah!

It’s not a certificate…

lmao!!! Just shows the level of your ignorance. It’s a certification with a federal charter. They call it a charter to distinguish it from other certifications who do jot yet have a charter. Dozens of certifications in UK have royal charters as opposed to federal charters ie ICAEW, ACCA, and others

And they are all awarded by professional bodies like CFA! CFA is a professional body and Cfa is a professional certification, not an academic qualification like degrees ie MBA, BBA, MSc, MPhil, PhD, they’re all academic qualifications

What is a federal charter? If it is issued by Congress and defines the mission, authorities and activities of a group or business and creates a legal entity out of that group or business as defined by wikpedia and ask.com, then the CFA charter most definitely is not that. Nowhere on the CFAI website does it refer to the CFA charter as a certificate, so safe to say CFAI wouldn’t acknowledge the charter as one. At the end of the day, you’re arguing semantics since the CFA charter certifies that you have acheived four years of professional investment experience, committed to uphold a comprehensive code of ethics, and passed three levels of rigorous exams that test an advanced curriculum of investment management and analysis skills. You are absolutely correct in grouping the CFA charter as a professional designation and not an academic degree or honor. At the end of the day, I believe the CFA charter is the best return on investment of any financial qualifcation one can earn since most MBAs are 50-100x the cost of the charter (and you’re not going to be earning 50-100x more, on average) and the CFA charter seems to be the most revered designation in the industry when compared to other similarly priced professional designations.