Why, oh why???

And instead of telling me why you added your comment about your high school experiences you tell me that I’m wrong. I’m giving you the option, and you choose to say I’m putting words in your mouth instead of making your point.

If all you wanted to add is how white people are the real victims in race relations because you got insulted in high school and haven’t gotten over it, I’ll note your useful addition.

Poops, I think you completely misunderstood what he wrote and his point. To the point that I’m not sure how you got what you did from what he wrote.

Cod your original point is a valid one, most people find discrimination in others’ behaviors but never their own,like your Nordic homie in Hamlet, the lady doth protest too much. But your high school story is a bit of a strawman. Just because there were some knuckleheads at your school who bullied you or treated you badly don’t mean everyone believes korean or blacks were inferior or whatever. High school is a weird place, weaklings glom together to pick on or exclude those who can’t or won’t defend themselves…the science nerd, gay kid, fat kid, the foreign kid who has an accent…whatever. For a couple of years in high school you experienced first hand what these blacks and asians will experience in big and small ways their whole lives.

Ok, you’re also putting words in my mouth. I did not claim that I was bullied, I clearly stated that I thought the jokes were funny and that I didn’t mind them. I have absolutely no hard feelings about what was said and done. I also said that the jamaicans and koreans thought the jokes made about them were funny as well, and that they didn’t see it as bullying. I’m making a point about the difference in how the school, on an official level, reacted to the jokes. In my situation, there was no reaction, while in the korean/jamaican situation the school threatened with the most severe punishment possible. Double standards? Hidden racism by the school administration? Absolutely yes.

would the party be considered as racist. Peter Sellers playing an indian. Guess we are becoming less tolerant

Good point and that’s definitely a possibility, but I am trying to make a broader point about double standards and not just tell a little snippet of my own experiences. Take a look at the link 2000Magician posted. Substitute “white” for “black” in any of those articles and you have a white supremacist pageant competition at University of Texas at Austin. Another example is the dating app that only allows access to black people. Why is this allowed while if someone created a dating app that allows access only to white people, they’d be flogged by the media and the law? The same people who would cry “racism” when reading about an white-only pageant competition or a white-only dating app, but remain silent when they read about a black-only dating app/pageant competition proves that these people, who very often identify themselves as progressives and anti-racist, are in fact racist and do not consider all people to be on the same “level”.

It is wrong, but there’s only so much we can (or should) get pissed about. Is it wrong that some people can make an app that excludes people based on race? Probably yes. Am I going to spend my energy getting pissed about black people making a black beauty pageant when there’s blackface going around? Probably no.

Is it wrong you get called names and can’t respond because you’re white? Yes. Are there bigger things to be concerned about? Also yes.

It just comes across as a bit tone-deaf.

Where are you getting this idea that I’m pissed and that I wanted to respond with racist slurs but couldn’t because I’m white? I’ve explained twice that that’s not the case. You’re just glancing over my posts, spotting some trigger words, and then having the all too typical knee-jerk reaction which results in incomprehensible comments that have nothing to do with what I said. That or you’re just trolling away your Sunday. If that’s the case, I’ll bite and try to explain my point one more time: this has absolutely nothing to do with me and what I do. I don’t care one bit about black-only dating apps or some weird black-only beauty contest at UAT. I’m pointing out the double standards of those people who react differently to these kinds of racist situations, depending on who the “victim” is. By reacting differently to a pageant competition when it’s black-only than when t is white-only, you reveal your inner racist biases, which many of these people so proudly proclaim doesn’t exist.

You keep on saying I’m not listening to what I said, but I keep on agreeing with your points!

It is a double standard, and it is bad. People should not make fun of you for your accent and characteristics that you can’t change. But I’ll make my point one last time: You took my post, which was literally a wiki-link of blackface, drag shows, and rachel dolezal (a woman who identifies as black) and wanted to parallel it with a story of your high school days and the double standard you suffered. I fundamentally don’t understand why if this has ‘nothing to do with you and what you do’ when you chose to reply to my post with a personal story about your experiences with racism. If you’re not trying to compare black-face with your experiences in high school, than I legitimately don’t get why you replied to a wiki link on blackface if you didn’t want to compare the history black-face with your personal experience.