Why such a low pass rate?

I think the trend here is the opposite of the historical trend with people getting MBAs . MBA programs want people with a few years of work expereince because it gives better context to the material, and results in better overall performance. I first thought about the charter in the late 90’s when a number of my colleagues sat for the test. They all had several years of experience and/or MBAs. I think everyone who took the test back then was at least 25. Now more and more people are taking the test right out of school, or even while they are finishing college, and I think without the hands on experience its very tough to get a real solid grasp on much of the material. I think that this is the real cause of the decline in scores - a younger average candidate base.

A lot of us felt pretty wiped out in December, especially the afternoon session. Some of the problems required a lot more steps to get to the end result. VR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The Dec 2009 L1 exam for me was in all honesty > bloody tough - tougher than any of the mocks and > practice papers that I took (CFA/Schweser). > > I did pass comfortably with 7 subjects over 70 but > when I left the exam hall I really felt like > roadkill ! ran out of time in the afternoon > session and had to make some educated guesses for > about a dozen questions in the last five minutes.

A lot of us felt pretty wiped out in December, especially the afternoon session. Some of the problems required a lot more intermediate computational steps to get to the end result. VR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The Dec 2009 L1 exam for me was in all honesty > bloody tough - tougher than any of the mocks and > practice papers that I took (CFA/Schweser). > > I did pass comfortably with 7 subjects over 70 but > when I left the exam hall I really felt like > roadkill ! ran out of time in the afternoon > session and had to make some educated guesses for > about a dozen questions in the last five minutes.

Especially that one near the end of the PM session.

Ya sure dude… in fact I think I only missed a single quest in Am Session but PM rocked hard… I found myself making 7-8 pure guesses and the numericals took time for sure… It was like crime doing time in the FSA of the PM session & I suspect 2-3 questions were such that there was no clue whether the right answers were available in the 3 options or not?? Ya… I most definetly passed with all but 2 small sections > 70 but still these 2-3 questions left a bugger in my mind,which obviously I cant share …anyone had a similar experience please share…

my stats exam had a lower pass rate than that. the class average on the exam was 33%

Anybody speculating the MNP to be over 70% ?

hey guys i just wanted to share this fantastic article… so where do u fall in this: http://crazycfa.com/does-the-34-pass-rate-fret-you