will passing cfa level one help me get an entry level job?

Get life insurance license while in school and start selling fixed annuities. Counts toward work experience.

this sucks i want a guaranteed future :frowning: maybe i should have gone pre med lol

kush87 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > this sucks i want a guaranteed future :frowning: maybe i > should have gone pre med lol And I want a gold plated toilet but it’s just not in the cards. Risk and Reward, son.

grover33 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think people here are overemphasizing GPA. > Admittedly, I have never worked on > sellside/banking, nor have I worked for a > Blackstone or PIMCO or a big name like that. But, > there are plenty of shops out there that pay well, > provide an opportunity to learn, and get real > experience that never even look at GPAs. However, > maybe times have changed for recent grads (and, to > Kevin’s point, I am not addressing MBA). But, > aside from the highly structured environment of > these “tier 1” firms, I think that the majority of > shops out there don’t even ask for GPA. Frankly, > my GPA was awful, so this is something I have > spent a lot of time thinking about. Don’t worry, > things will work out. Be persistent, work hard to > improve as much as you can, get your CFA. If you > truly enjoy this business, you will find a way. > You may never work for Goldman (I wont either), > but you might not even want that. > > edit: Yes, a high GPA will make your life easier. > But, don’t count yourself out. Have faith. I worked for a big name AM. All they wanted for entry level was assurance that it was above a 3.0. Even that wasn’t deal breaker if you had other strengths… I had a 3.06 and never put in on my resume.

kush87 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > this sucks i want a guaranteed future :frowning: maybe i > should have gone pre med lol with your grades pre med clearly was not an option

haha maybe in the caribbean

kush87 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > haha maybe in the caribbean my first cousin went to harvard and now she in med school in puerto rico. :slight_smile: some schools there are just fine.

kush87 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > will passing cfa level one help me get an entry level job? no, but you can still save 10% on your car insurance by switching to Geico

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kush87 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > will passing cfa level one help me get an entry > level job? > > > no, but you can still save 10% on your car > insurance by switching to Geico that was hilarious… don’t forget you get all those added books to add to your library, and an extra line on your CV as a space filler.

what about if i pass level 1 and 2?

What, you mean saving 10 percent on your car insurance ain’t good enough? :frowning:

Med can’t necessarily be that much fun either. Blood and guts, vomit, spit, and more you get the picture. Every body you see has something wrong with them. But I guess whatever floats your boat…risk v reward. good with bad.

i need an internship for this summer can anyone get me one

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kush87 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > will passing cfa level one help me get an entry > level job? > > > no, but you can still save 10% on your car > insurance by switching to Geico Not bad Numi, I give it an 8

no but really can anyone working in firm hook me up with a summer internship opportunity? ill work hard :slight_smile: