WillyR

“Turkish come on, get a life. And you might want to cut back on the java.” Sorry, you’re right…

Thanks. Willy

Wow, a lot happened while I was away… Willy, I understand how you would decide against it. I’m only interested if my employer pays for it. I happen to live in a metro area that has great business schools but none offering a part-time or executive option (unless they’re 2nd tier). With 1.5 kids, I’m not into the idea of a full-time MBA. I like my money and way of life too much to screw with it at this point. And I’m in a post-MBA position, so giving up 2 years of work and putting my family on ramen wouldn’t exactly have the best payout in the long run. I have a good undergrad degree, and some in my industry would think I would have to be crazy to attend a 2nd tier school part-time. I’d love to go to the Columbia Fri/Sat program, but can’t stomach the idea of traveling 4 hours down to NYC and back every other week (and paying for it). Fuqua offers the only other possible program that still has a decent name. I’ll still have to find out if my boss will support me with the time off. He cares less about the $$ aspect, but he wants me in the office at all times, generally.

Even if they paid for more of it, I still think I would balk. CFA is plenty and who wants to waste their life taking another course. Willy