Window or Aisle?

Disagree with the seat reclining. Reclining your seat is essential to a comfortable flight, just like your stupid “leg room.” I’m over six feet tall and I would much rather be able to recline than get 8 inches of leg room anyday. Furthermore, people who insist on waking me up at 4 am so that they can have their rice and dal on overnight flights really piss me off. There is no reason why you can’t eat with the seat in front of you reclined. It’s not as comfortable perhaps, but it still works.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Disagree with the seat reclining. Reclining your > seat is essential to a comfortable flight, just > like your stupid “leg room.” I’m over six feet > tall and I would much rather be able to recline > than get 8 inches of leg room anyday. > > Furthermore, people who insist on waking me up at > 4 am so that they can have their rice and dal on > overnight flights really piss me off. There is no > reason why you can’t eat with the seat in front of > you reclined. It’s not as comfortable perhaps, > but it still works. One common theme in ALL of your posts is your bitterness towards everything Indian/Asian. What’s the deal man? It doesn’t matter what the topic of the thread, you somehow manage to piss all over Indians. I’m just curious

and to add to that you almost never forget to mention your HNI status

Dude, I love India, what are you talking about? It’s been my home for 5 years. You want to hear me piss on something, ask me how I feel about llfe in he US. Now there’s a place that gets on my nerves. HNI Status? I make a little over 100k base. I wouldn’t call that HNI where I’m from, although that’s pretty good in Mumbai. If I were a High Net Worth Individual I would be on a yacht in the mediterranean instead of studying for these tests. I consider myself upper middle-class where I am from. I’m sure you’re alluding to the people I mentioned in your thread on B-School; those people aren’t me. They are rich Indians and the system rewards them and gets them into top tier business school, just as it does for equally rich Americans. They aren’t studying for the CFA. In any case, just because I have MANY critiques for India doesn’t mean I don’t like the people or living in it. While its hard for people not to take these things personally, you just shouldn’t, it’s an honest critique the way I see it. Back to Rice and Dal. I fly out of India, because I live there. Every single airline, even Austrian Airlines, serves rice and dal on their flights to Europe which all depart around midnight to 2 am. This is a statement of fact and has nothing to do with pissing on India. Kisses. While I am, obviously, a lover of chicken tikka and rice and dal, not at 3 A.M. in the morning.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I almost always prefer window. In cattle on an > overnight I want to be able to sleep and not wake > up everytime someone wants to pee. I am also > usually flying with people in Asia that I do not > want to be physically close to if possible. So > the window allows me to get as far away as > possible. > > I’m on BA in the posh seats tomorrow Bom-Lhr-Jfk. > Booked window again down in the end of business > class. It’s like having my own little private > room down there. But I better not get too > comfortable like this guy did: > > http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/revolting/m > an-arrested-for-in-flight-masturbation-546729 How about this one am also > usually flying with people in Asia that I do not > want to be physically close to if possible. So > the window allows me to get as far away as > possible. Why do you have to say this? I’m on BA in the posh seats tomorrow Bom-Lhr-Jfk. > Booked window again down in the end of business > class. It’s like having my own little private > room down there. Again unnecessary and in all the other posts of your condescending tone towards Indians, just make me wonder, are you really here out of your choice

What happened is that you assumed that I meant Indians which is not what I said. I’m referring to any of the people that you find in long haul economy class flights originating in Asia. I made no mention of race or nationality for a reason. There are people of all nations and colors on those planes and they do not smell good whomever they are (white, asian or martian). The worst smelling person I’ve ever sat next to on a plane was an English backpacker. This is because it hot in Asia and all humans have body odor when they sweat and being in close proximity can be unpleasent. This is compounded by the generally long haul nature of flights in this area; many people have not showered in some time as they have come from far and wide on trains, planes and automobiles. Therefore I prefer to get as far away as possible In any case, I can see why you might be offended by that drawing the conclusion that you did and I whole-heartedly apologize for any offense that you took. As for me referencing the posh seats. I wouldn’t have mentioned it but it’s probably the first business class flight I’ve taken in 2 years, so I am just excited about it. Still, I regret if you took offense to this where there was none intended. I bet you and I are not that different. If you are ever in Bombay look me up and we can grab a beer and you can tell me how the Hell I can get a 720 on GMATs. Going forward I’ll make sure to only quote the !ncredible !ndia add campaign.

Well jumped on standby and headed home 4 hours early buttt I have to sit in row 38D; back of the bus. Lame. yikes its loud back here. Edit: Im sitting in an aisle seat because E is a wall, and outside that wall is the engine.

I prefer the aisle for the extra elbow room and freedom to access my stuff in the overhead bin. I wish I could boot people from the exit row who don’t need the legroom. I’d even be willing to take some sort of class to become Exit Row Safety Guy if it meant I could sit there regularly.

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I like the aisle. Easy access to the loo, easy to > get up and walk around on long haul flights, and > can stretch out a bit more. This. I like to go to the loo regularly on long haul flights, it gives me something to do…opening all the little cupboards, checking out my face for zits under the 1000W lights, flushing random things down the blue vortex, sitting on the toilet trying to figure out where I would hide a gun if I had to…man there’s hours and hours of entertainment in aeroplane toilets.