Work-Life Balance in Finance

It would be hard to enjoy $250k working 50 hours/week? Then again I don’t know the magnitude of that “+”…

You’re right about the 50 hours… i forgot to mention that the 2600+ hours are billable (to clients) hours. There’s unbillable hours that usually take up 5-8 hours for them per week as well. The magnitude of the “+” was over 2900 billable hours last year.

One research firm I interviewed with back in the required the guys to come in by 4AM. The sales call with the Toronto trading floor was at 4:30, so realistically they’d have to come in earlier if they were saying anything on it. And they’d still be in the office until 6-7pm. I mean, I’m single and enjoy finance, but that’s just too much.

I need time for hoes in my life. Finance can wait.

Never seen that. It’s very stressful as you eat what you kill and you bring your bad days home.

The whole work/life balance is one of the best things about my current job and would be tough to give up. ~25ish days off per year, flexible working hours. I can come in at 7 and be out the door by 4, or do 9-6. Whatever I need or want based on the day. Very rarely do I need to be at work past 6, though sometimes I hang out if traffic is bad or whatever.