Work sabbaticals

Not *that* recently, it was late 2015, but it’s just not what I signed up for, as in a different job than what I was led to believe it would be. Combine that with feeling sidelined relative to the other analysts in my group, I feel pretty down on the whole thing. Like this week is a perfect example: there is a conference that 2 of our analysts went to and it’s an oil and gas conference focused on a particular region. I’m responsible for that area more than anybody else. My boss picks the 2 other analysts that aren’t me to go. But what can you do… I suppose there is only one thing you can do, which is why I had 1 interview last week and another one this week.

If I ever wind up in a job transition period where I don’t have a job lined up, I’d love to take 6 months and just go off the map somewhere in Asia, South America, wherever.

I’m sitting on a sabbatical right now. It’s surprisingly hard to plan for.

^do explain man

Yeah, Scotland is great at a lot of things but attractiveness isn’t one of them. Maybe something to do with the total lack of sunlight and the national obsession with deep frying all food.

In fairness, we do have a lot of very pretty women but not many sexy women, if that makes any sense at all.

i met a wee scottish lass in vietnam, was like talking to a wall of ice. the dudes were terrific fun though even if they were shivering from drug withdrawal symptoms. they assured me no night out can be had in glasgow without the consumption of hardcore illegal substances

How hardcore we talking? Heroin?

1 stretch but not all in South America although I easily could have spent a full 2 years there just doing stretches of teaching and stretches of travelling around. I even picked up a job teaching in an actual school in central america, that was much better than teaching adults to be honest.