World Series

I was discussing with my friend the other day whether Vlad will enter the HOF. He thinks he is a lock in, but I think he is borderline. He will need a few more seasons like this year to get in.

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was discussing with my friend the other day > whether Vlad will enter the HOF. He thinks he is > a lock in, but I think he is borderline. He will > need a few more seasons like this year to get in. I think most people would consider Chipper Jones a lock for the HOF and Vlad has similar numbers. His numbers are also similar to existing HOF’ers Jim Rice and Andre Dawson.

Soooo…how bout that Ranger bullpen last night?? Pretty awesome stuff from them…

i’m still amazed the giants are still going. they weren’t even supposed to make the playoffs. here’s a question: how much is cliff lee worth now?

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > here’s a question: how much is cliff lee worth > now? Same thing he was worth before. Even the best get shelled every so often.

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i’m still amazed the giants are still going. they > weren’t even supposed to make the playoffs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVdbfyvwso That’s all there is to say about that.

What a pounding. Interesting to see games 3-5 with DH.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mar350 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i’m still amazed the giants are still going. > they > > weren’t even supposed to make the playoffs. > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVdbfyvwso > > That’s all there is to say about that. hahaha - that’s pretty great. i’m buying one of those foam beards for my boss. she’s from sf, not really into sports, but will be moving back there soon.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mar350 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > here’s a question: how much is cliff lee worth > > now? > > > Same thing he was worth before. Even the best get > shelled every so often. so, uh, how much is Lee worth now? congrats SF - so much happier Bonds had to watch from the stands (or home).

Don’t stop believin’! Was pandamonium last night in SF. … in other news, that was a surprisingly easy series. What happened, Texas?!

It turns out that good pitching beats good hitting. Who would have thought?

LETS GO GIANTS!!! WOO HOO!!! AND RIGHT IN FRONT OF DUBYA…PRICELESS!!!

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > higgmond Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > mar350 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > here’s a question: how much is cliff lee > worth > > > now? > > > > > > Same thing he was worth before. Even the best > get > > shelled every so often. > > > so, uh, how much is Lee worth now? > > congrats SF - so much happier Bonds had to watch > from the stands (or home). Same answer as before. What other active pither is 7-2 in the post season?

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Same answer as before. What other active pither > is 7-2 in the post season? i see a big value drop as it seems he has been ‘figured out.’ halladay threw a no-hitter, schilling threw more strikeouts in the same amount of playoff games and lincecum beat him straight-up. he’s no longer in un-capped/un-touchable territory. i think he’s going to stay in texas.

I always knew Zito would get a world series ring

cubsfish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I always knew Zito would get a world series ring He is the 5th highest paid pitcher in baseball afterall.

^^only in baseball can you make such a terrible signing and still win a championship at the end of the day

if lee signs with the yankees, he could become the 1st pitcher ever to start game 1 of the world series 3 years in a row with 3 different teams.

No way. They Yanks will throw a ton of money at him. Not only dop they want him in their rotation but more importantly, they don’t want to face him in the postseason again. Say what you will about him being figured out but the Yanks have seen him more than anyone and are obviously still clueless. mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > i see a big value drop as it seems he has been > ‘figured out.’ halladay threw a no-hitter, > schilling threw more strikeouts in the same amount > of playoff games and lincecum beat him > straight-up. he’s no longer in > un-capped/un-touchable territory. > > i think he’s going to stay in texas.

The Yankees will almost certainly be the highest bidder, probably in the low 20’s per year. CC has been relatively disappointing in the post season over his career, Pettitte is running on fumes, Burnett is a disaster and Hughes only wins when he gets huge run support. It will just be a matter of if he wants to play there or not.