Worst pass results (or best)

That first post is not a pass. Chances are he simply copied someone else’s scores and changed the stars (that was his second post ever on AF)

guys… retabulation of exam makes any sense?

Retabulation rarely changes anything. One reason why we wait so long for results. They go over the scores a few times. Dont let others (like the first post) get you all bothered. Remember it is pretty easy for someone to just change the stars around.

if this is the case then i think CFAI is wasting theirs and ours time by displaying the tabulated result. why dont they just tell you whether you’re pass or fail? what’s the point of tabulating the result when its pass/fail result isn’t consistent with the table? if they want to provide a feedback on an individual’s performance, they got to be more accurate than this.

GOUMAN , i seriously DO NOT understand how on earth can you fail. There seems to be big problem or you didn’t post your score rite over here.

Joshua Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For those who are on the marginal failure, I have > it on good authority that the CFA will look to > this site and how many postings you make. If its > high but lacking any value they fail you … Are you serious? surveyinn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > GOUMAN , i seriously DO NOT understand how on > earth can you fail. There seems to be big problem > or you didn’t post your score rite over here. Dude, my score is right, I’m sure of that.

Gouman and crew that got close but didn’t pass- I’m a L2 candidate now and I did fail L1 once (didn’t put in the time, underestimated the test). It hurts when you’re close, but the only advice I can give is to put it behind you. The retab is not going to get you a pass, sorry. Take whatever time you need to be pissed off because yeah, you did put in a lot of time, but then clear your head and kick the sh*t out of the test in December. The good news- when you pass in December you will be still with your buddies who all just passed this June and can take L2 in June. You honestly might be in BETTER shape. This sounds weird, but you don’t need a full year to pass L2. If you are in the mode and you can beat burnout, all of your L1 stuff will be fresh still and if you crush it in Dec, you will be that much better prepared for L2 next June. Take a few days, have a few beers, curse the CFA a few times, then suck it up and re-register. Have no mercy in December. I went this route and got all above 70%'s on L1. Level 2 is going to be a bit hairy for me, heck, we could both be taking it in '09, but from someone who missed by a little and then crushed it the next time around… put the fail behind you and knock it out of the park in December. Get your study calendar set and get fired up. You CAN and WILL pass, but it’s going to have to be in Dec- not a retab.

Level 1: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 * - - - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 - - * - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 48 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 28 - * - - Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Methods 28 - * - The result indicates the strength and weakness but no actual scores. You can image an extreme case, say you got FSA & ethics at 20% & got 72% for the rest then you got total score of 129 i.e. 53.8%. The 40/60/80 rule is just for estimation.

Level 1: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 * - - - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 - * - - Economics 24 - - * - Equity Investments 24 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 48 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 28 * - - - Portfolio Management 12 * - - - Quantitative Methods 28 - * - We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 9

Level 1: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 - - * - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 - - * - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 48 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 28 - * - - Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Methods 28 - * - i am performance band of 10. Still i think i ll try for retabulation.coz i dont want to leave this forum…and interesting discussions…i think m addicted to it. Guys this was my 2nd attempt…:frowning: bad luck…

abhisheksg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Level 1: Fail > > The table below illustrates your subject matter > strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on > the right are marked with asterisks to indicate > your performance on each question or topic area. > > > Multiple Choice > Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% > - Alternative Investments 8 - - * > - Corporate Finance 20 - * - > - Derivatives 12 - - * > - Economics 24 - * - > - Equity Investments 24 - * - > - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - > - Financial Statement Analysis 48 - * - > - Fixed Income Investments 28 - * - > - Portfolio Management 12 - - * > - Quantitative Methods 28 - * - > > i am performance band of 10. > Still i think i ll try for retabulation.coz i dont > want to leave this forum…and interesting > discussions…i think m addicted to it. > Guys this was my 2nd attempt…:frowning: > bad luck… ========================================================== .coz i dont > want to leave this forum…and interesting > discussions is this the reason you are doing CFA? set your priorities right dude

not really… bt if failed 2 times…u ll be no more. then it ll be wastge of time/money… say L1=3 attempts, rest levels are more challenging and obviously tough… Thts y…