Would Harvard MBA be worth it?

I had a MFE and it didn’t place me the job I wanted. I sent my application profile to a admission advisor, and he said my profile (GMAT Grades etc) is good enough to get me admitted at Harvard. Would a MBA worthwhile for me to get the top job I want or I should just wait out the downturn and apply for better jobs in a couple of years?

The word Harvard opens a lot of doors. If you can get in, and you won’t starve while you’re doing it - I think it’s a good bet, particularly in an industry that’s as credential-obsessed as this. People often talk about not hiring Ivy types because they’re supposedly stuck up and expect too much (some are; some aren’t), but it’s hard to say “nah, we’re not going to bother to interview them.”

That’s hard to say

That’s hard to say

as they say, its not size, but what you do with it that matters

Another option is: I continue my CFA hopefully I get the charter next year. Would that be a better option than the Harvard route?

In your position I would look harder for a job. You did an MFE to work as a quant right? I don’t think an MBA will help you much with that. I wouldn’t wait around for Harvard either. 1 admission officer’s encouraging words isn’t equivalent to entry into a top program.

I think so - I hope to go there - it depends on what you want to do with your career. What doors do you want to open? (rhetorical question)

I was trying to take a break from these forums, but I had to come back to check on MBAFinance to make sure he has been taking his medications. Looks like multiple personality disorder or some type of identity crisis is kicking in again… My memory’s a little fuzzy here, but didn’t you say you already had a top tier MBA? Didn’t you also work at Lehman Brothers while concurrently being recruited for GSAM? Wait… http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,663645 *scratches head* Yeah, I’d say a Harvard MBA would be worth it for you, but it looks like you’ve got a few other more pressing issues to worry about.

Are you BSing us MBA Finance? Whats the deal here dude - I really don’t care either way, just trying to contribute. As a side note, whatever your credentials are and if for some reason you are thinking of getting a second MBA and have high grades, don’t let that fool yourself into thinking HBS will open the door for you. I had 4 co-workers apply there who had really good grades / GMATs but only two got in. Their GMATs were 760 / 740 / 720 / 710 between the four of them. The guys that got the two higher GMAT scores were denied. Just some food for thought.

I had a friend with a 760 GMAT who got rejected as well.

Think you need to up the dosage of your meds…

wtf? are you trying to impress people you dont know with fake internet credentials? weak dude. fail.

harvard is weak. do darden kid. real work and you actually have to show up to class to pass.

University of Phoenix is the way to go …

This guy is a joke.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was trying to take a break from these forums, > but I had to come back to check on MBAFinance to > make sure he has been taking his medications. > Looks like multiple personality disorder or some > type of identity crisis is kicking in again… > > My memory’s a little fuzzy here, but didn’t you > say you already had a top tier MBA? Didn’t you > also work at Lehman Brothers while concurrently > being recruited for GSAM? Wait… > > http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,663 > 645 > > *scratches head* > > Yeah, I’d say a Harvard MBA would be worth it for > you, but it looks like you’ve got a few other more > pressing issues to worry about. I’ve been on break from the forums too, but I knew I’d get a kick out of our pal MBAfinance’s post. What a joker! He is also the guy whom is too good to be hired. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,677058,677058#msg-677058

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The word Harvard opens a lot of doors. If you can > get in, and you won’t starve while you’re doing it > - I think it’s a good bet, particularly in an > industry that’s as credential-obsessed as this. > > People often talk about not hiring Ivy types > because they’re supposedly stuck up and expect too > much (some are; some aren’t), but it’s hard to say > “nah, we’re not going to bother to interview > them.” translation: we can’t recruit people at these schools. in any event, arrogance quickly dissipates in a weak job market.

This schmuck has been posting BS qualifications and asking asinine questions (“Where can I find regulation pencils?” “Do I need to bring extra calculator batteries?” “What attire should I wear?”) since June of 2004. I just checked. He is obviously getting some kind of weird pleasure out of people wasting their time trying to help him. Dude, can’t you get your creepy fix on a chat room somewhere?

MBAFinance, I hope you got the same amount of laughter as you just caused me. LOL.