Would you date a hipster?

I married one. I’m analytical, risk adverse, a bit introverted and dull. She’s exactly the opposite - spontaneous, outgoing and creative. I wouldn’t want it any other way. We balance each other out. I would absolutely hate to marry someone in finance.

Once I saw this -------> recycler ------------------------------------------------------- > I married one. I’m analytical, risk adverse, a bit > introverted and dull. She’s exactly the opposite - > spontaneous, outgoing and creative. I wouldn’t > want it any other way. We balance each other out. > I would absolutely hate to marry someone in > finance. I disregarded this ^

But if you’re happy, more power to you. Girls seem to hate me after the 3rd or 4th time we hang out. Go figure.

^^ Perhaps because they find the photos that you post of them on the internet, along with (sometimes graphic) descriptions of what you supposedly did together in private??? Or maybe they just pick up on the value system that drives that kind of thing and decide (smartly) to stay away.

I’m dating an art history ABD (all but disertatin) PHD. I don’t think she is enough of a hipster (pretension being the primary trait of “bad” hipsterness imo) to bother me. Also, she has a boat and I get to go to art events, get drunk and criticize art even though I have no talent in that regard. Btw, y’all should check out Exit Through the Gift Shop. Great flick.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^^ Perhaps because they find the photos that you > post of them on the internet, along with > (sometimes graphic) descriptions of what you > supposedly did together in private??? > > Or maybe they just pick up on the value system > that drives that kind of thing and decide > (smartly) to stay away. *shrugs shoulders, walks away*

I don’t even know what a hipster is anymore. I would date a hipster if she was attractive, didn’t like going to concerts, had any sense of finance and did crossfit.

Like most screen names on the internets, there is a story behind mine and it would be incorrect to infer that I’m a hipster. Your screen name is perfect example of this since you get no a$s and manage no assets. ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Once I saw this -------> recycler > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I married one. I’m analytical, risk adverse, a > bit > > introverted and dull. She’s exactly the opposite > - > > spontaneous, outgoing and creative. I wouldn’t > > want it any other way. We balance each other > out. > > I would absolutely hate to marry someone in > > finance. > > > I disregarded this ^

poolparty Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t even know what a hipster is anymore. I > would date a hipster if she was attractive, didn’t > like going to concerts, had any sense of finance > and did crossfit. Crossfit is sick. I want to do it.

poolparty Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t even know what a hipster is anymore. I > would date a hipster if she was attractive, didn’t > like going to concerts, had any sense of finance > and did crossfit. Hipsters can be easily identified by their excessively portrayed personalities and attitudes of being “too cool for life,” as well as their belief that they are “cooler” than others, all of whom in their eyes who follow trends/the mainstream (which is somehow not the same as hipsters following the hipster trend). 97% of all hipsters are hypocrites. Hipsterism is highly contagious and can quickly spread to others if there is a high volume of hipsters present. Thus, if you live in an area with a high density of hipsters, the stores, restaurants, etc. will tend to reflect their tastes/lifestyle. Interestingly, despite being the trendiest of trends, neighborhoods that have suffered from hipsterism have generally increased in property value. Hipsters frequently dress in the same general manner, despite describing that manner has being unique/individual. This usually includes vintage clothing, clothing from thrift stores, ironic clothing, plaid, tight pants, metro-sexual clothing, clothing meant to appear ragged/poor (despite it’s wearer being middle to upper-middle class and receiving all their money from wealthy parents in the form of an allowance, rather than working/living in reality), etc. They may also wear unnecessary accessories such as scarves during the summer, sunglasses indoors, etc. Hipsters are also associated with indie music, contemporary art, etc. Unfortunately, their attempts to turn away from the mainstream and “kitsch” to a more bohemian-like lifestyle has ruined much of what they now claim as theirs (ie: indie music is now dominated by a scene and has little to do with the actual music, contemporary art is plagued with over dramatic plays and poor work/weak conceptual ideas, coffee shop atmospheres are ruined by their judgmental attitude towards all non-hipsters, etc.) In essence, the things they helped to build have lost all value and meaning, but that is appropriate to the apathetic, lack of originality that is possessed by all hipsters. Knowing the truth about what they are, most hipsters will deny that they are a hipster. However, it should be noted, there are some people who fit the hipster description and are legitimate in their interests, activities, and lifestyle, but this is extremely rare. Despite their likely denials of being a hipster, and a belief in rugged individuality (which has turned into a conformity apart from “mainstream conformity”), to be a hipster, one must win the approval of other hipsters. Thus, it is impossible for a naturally “non-coo” person to ever achieve hipster status. This of course, is yet another contradiction. Over all, hipsters lead a judgmental, elitist lifestyle, as aforementioned, with a strong conviction in the belief that they are “cooler than life.” For some reason, hipsters like Pabst Blue Ribbon, possibly one of the worst, most watered-down beers available… Apparently it’s cool to have bad taste, an important detail to remember for any aspiring hipster. If one is at all unsure of whether a person is in fact a hipster, the yuppie/douche test never fails. If the person comes across in any way as a pretentious, hypocritical, yuppie douche, they are probably a hipster.

recycler Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Like most screen names on the internets, there is > a story behind mine and it would be incorrect to > infer that I’m a hipster. > > Your screen name is perfect example of this since > you get no a$s and manage no assets. > > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Once I saw this -------> recycler > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I married one. I’m analytical, risk adverse, > a > > bit > > > introverted and dull. She’s exactly the > opposite > > - > > > spontaneous, outgoing and creative. I > wouldn’t > > > want it any other way. We balance each other > > out. > > > I would absolutely hate to marry someone in > > > finance. > > > > > > I disregarded this ^ Dude, relax. Maybe some of that hipster emotion is rubbing off on you. Wow, your s/n should be stickupASSets. I don’t really feel like I need to prove to you my social/professional life. Anyone who is friends with me on facebook/linkedin knows what I do and who I do.

Looks like I hit a real soft spot here. Apparently criticizing your sexual and career accomplishments is a real tender area for you. Perhaps your failures in this area have made you overly sensitive to criticism? Maybe you should go on FB or LinkedIn and prove to your “friends” what you can really do and make yourself feel better. Nothing better than validating your accomplishments (or lack thereof) with postings on the internets.

AAAAAnd someone is mad they married a hipster. Enjoy your poems and no-brake bikes, bro.

I’d marry a hipster in a heartbeat, if she was ridiculously rich. I’m dating a rich hipsterish girl now…could it be love? Seriously though, I feel like artistic/altruistic/evironmental and hipster get confused sometimes. I bike around (albeit with brakes) because parking is a pain, exercise is good and gas/wear&tear ain’t free. I also listen to bands people have not heard of, mostly because top 40 is BOring after a while. These things could cause me to be construed as a hipster, yet I still work in finance and have CFA and work hard. Cultural and conscientious<>hipster…maybe I just don’t like Hip to be Square enough to be a real, 80s style fin-ance playa.

Disappointing response…bro. I think your online friends would be disappointed… ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > AAAAAnd someone is mad they married a hipster. > > Enjoy your poems and no-brake bikes, bro.

recycler Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Disappointing response…bro. I think your online > friends would be disappointed… > > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > AAAAAnd someone is mad they married a hipster. > > > > Enjoy your poems and no-brake bikes, bro. Im sure your wife wrote a poem about it.

When did this “Back Office” get created? It’s awesome. Anyways, I’m dating somewhat of a hippy but part hipster. She works for an advertising company and is into wine, yoga, growing her own food, and hipster music. She *does* have a business degree though rather than English literature. I’ll let you know how it goes.

It got created around the same time you said Cammalleri would choke in the playoffs.

Nothing wrong with riding a bike. Indicates a fitness and evironmentally friendly nature - also less selfish. I like such people…they make for better relationships in the long run.