Wow people are really desperate in Toronto now

L3 Buckaroo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^Halifax: Do you have a spot lined up already, or > start looking once you arrive? Not yet. Have applied to some stuff, but I think it’s hard for HR people and recruiters to take you seriously when your 3000 miles away. Plus, it’s not a busy hiring season being summer. Going to hit it up very hard in Sept. Meanwhile hoping to build some decent networks there through some people I know here. I guess its a big risk to drop your job here (BO, make decent coin for here, but I’m sure some out west and in TO would laugh at what it is) but I’m fairly confident in my abilities, I just need to go to a place where there is a good opening or two every week rather than every 6 months as it is here. Hopefully I passed Level III so I can committ completly to just working, rather than studying. I don’t think its a big deal if not, I don’t really buy that CFA gets you far in job searches these days, but I would just like to be able to work alot next Spring w/o repeating LIII in the back of my mind.