Yale/UCLA/Chicago/Duke - Could you rank these for my goals?

can you share your background ? thanks

Get some good boots, will be crucial for winter road sludge.

joemontana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Congrats!! > > Any advice for CFAers applying to Yale & Booth? Thanks a lot. I think these are two very distinct questions. I’ll try to answer, but please bear in mind that my advice will be based on one person’s experience and speculation. Yale: I feel like Yale is really pushing to improve its rankings (which is a very good thing). Historically, (I think) their students have had very high GMAT scores and GPA’s, and I believe my numbers did most of the talking for me. I also think they’ve had low yields relative to how good the program is. To that end, I think it helps to not just mention that Yale is your top choice, but drill down into why. Really familiarize yourself with how a Yale SOM education will benefit you. This will be easy, because it’s a terrific program. Chicago: I went deliberately against the grain here. This is largely due to my profile. My GMAT was lopsided in FAVOR of verbal. IMO, that’s a strike against any applicant, but I used it to highlight my uniqueness, and my willingness to challenge myself. I’m significantly better at verbal than math, but have a very quantitative academic background, and a track record of success with the CFA and in financial services. Again, challenging myself and succeeding. I don’t want to get into the nitty-gritty details of my app (because they likely won’t benefit anyone), but the goal of my essays was to convey in what ways I can uniquely contribute to the class, while letting the rest of my application address the more obvious things, like intellectual ability and career progression.

awesome thanks