YO! Those who didn't pass the Dec 09 Level I exam

I concur with beyiy and CFAL1ed. I’m in IT and did not crack the CFAI books. Used only Schweser notes, Qbank and Schweser MP3s. The MP3s were a great way to reinforce the material during my two hours of commuting per day. I did probably 600 Qbank quesions and only did one of the Schweser mocks and only the CFAI morning mock. Considering I didn’t even know what was on the curriculum until August 27th, I really just ran out of time. But I still passed and got > 70% in all areas but 3.

ACFACandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I concur with beyiy and CFAL1ed. I’m in IT and > did not crack the CFAI books. Used only Schweser > notes, Qbank and Schweser MP3s. The MP3s were a > great way to reinforce the material during my two > hours of commuting per day. > > I did probably 600 Qbank quesions and only did one > of the Schweser mocks and only the CFAI morning > mock. Considering I didn’t even know what was on > the curriculum until August 27th, I really just > ran out of time. But I still passed and got > 70% > in all areas but 3. Thanks ACFACandidate & CFAL1ed, i have an engineering background as well, i was a little concerned that schweser may be too condensed for non finance folks like me but you folks seem to have had no problem with using only kaplan material.

I was sort of saved by the Kaplan material. I had started using CFAI material and I was getting no where with 50 pages into the Vol 1 and 40 days to go for the exam. You can’t believe the amount of tension I found myself in around Oct 25. I studied on average 8-10 hours/day till the exam. I swear if I had continued with CFAI books I would have failed. CFAIs are the probably worst books I have read in my life. They are meant to make things look harder for you and raise the hoopla that CFA L1 is tough. PS: Just in case anyone wondered about the reason of my disgust for CFAI books, you have the answer.

Do anyone know what the difference is with SchweserPro Qbank 2010 and 2009?

the good news is i will not loose to CFA again

Level 1 : PASS Good luck to ppl who did not make it this time… I used only CFAI books and luckily passed. I thought the exam tested on your concepts and your ability to remember formulas…I dont know abt Schweser or Stalla…I used Schweser only for practice exams…I thought the questions were unnecessarily hard… I think lot of it has to do with luck too…I thought Economics really tested your knowledge…corp fin and FRA concentrated on formulas…ethics was really challenging…I thought Derivatives and Alt inv and quant was relatively straightforward…CFAI books helped me on that… I scored less on FRA and corp fin bcoz I forgot lot of formulas. Good luck again

hi everyone there, i will b retaking test in june ,so where r u guys in ur studies now…