You Passed! Now tell me what you used and did to study!

This has been excellent! Thanks to everyone who shared their work!

-Stalla Enhanced System (study guides, video lectures, lecture notes, Passmaster, flashcards, practice exams book and essential facts & formulas guide) -Schweser Audio MP3s -Schweser Secret Sauce -Schweser Quicksheet -Finquiz (Ethics, Quant and Fixed Income Sections) -John Harris Accounting Course -NYSSA/Schweser 3 Day Intensive Review -Schweser Practice Exams Book 1 & 2 -Schweser Online Mock Exam -Stalla Mock Exam and Review -BSAS Mock -Finquiz Mock -CFAI Mock and Samples -CFAI End of Chapter Questions Pretty overkill, but I wanted to ensure a passing mark this time around.

For me- CFAI texts, EOCs, CFA practice and mock exams. A little bit Qbank and Schweser Practice exams.

How is 7city review class in NYC Broad St for Level 1? I heard that instructors are not charter holders.

CFAI Texts, EOC’s, CFA practices and mock. I skimmed through CFA books for Fixed income and Equity, for these areas I totally depended on Schweser. Hope it helps!!!

CFAI Texts, EOC’s (over and over) and Schweser practice exams. I know a lot of people who used Schweser exclusively and passed. To each his own.

hawgdriver Wrote: > > I did a bunch of qbank questions. I didn’t do any > ethics questions. I know a lot of people say > that’s where you should focus, but I disagree. I > think it takes way to long and the payoff isn’t > that great. My worst L2 score was a <50, in > ethics. I focused on equity and FSA. I think I > got 50<>70 on both those sections. -----LOL. You failed Ethics - a very crucial component of the curriculum - yet disagree that candidates should study and practice ethics questions? Congrats on passing, but where is the logic behind your reasoning of not practicing ethics questions, ESPECIALLY since you got <50% ?? From my experience in Level I, I plan on studying Ethics towards the end of the study schedule… and finally, reading the entire section from the CFAI completely on the day or two before the actual exam once again and of course going over the EOC…!! Some may disagree with me, but this is just my strategy.

jus reading some of these posts and hav 2 ask…some people mention that they went thru the CFAI texts several times. How on earth did they get that rite !! Even if i start studying from now, which i hav, i think i wil only manage 2 reads max and thats gona be hard enuf. There’s just too much 2 cover. How did some of u L2 passers manage that??

One of my friend who passed Level 2 did the following. - read CFAI text, do all EOCs - mark the incorrect ones - highlight in book or write the notes that you find important - you may skim thru the contents and really understand the solved examples in the book (for ethics, go thru each examples completely again and again) - upon completion of a subject - do practice exam 1 book for that subject from schweser (Out of 3 exams in the PE1 book, do all the vignettes for the subject you just finished) - mark and check the incorrect ones and do not worry much about the scores at this stage, more than 40% is good enough after the 1st pass (alternatively, you can choose to do this practice exam at each subject in second pass) - do not go back to the subject until all the subjects are done. - it will definitely take roughly 60% to 70% of the time when you go thru the material second time - on 2nd pass, just look at the solved examples and of course do EOC again, try to remember some hard-coded dumb rules etc, or you can even make your own rules to remember stuff, give importance to notes or at least highlighting the text in the book, that helps later in final review - on 3rd pass, just do EOC and look at solved examples if you don’t feel comfortable doing EOCs - do ethics at last, read it twice (at least) with all the examples in the text - memorize EQ formulas - understand Quant stuff inside out, formulas are not very important in Quants - derivatives and FI has lot of stuff - do not drop any subject/chapter from your preps at any point of time, if you find the material difficult, i think you may switch to videos and switch back to the text, do not underestimate the importance of doing EOCs 3 times at least. I will stick to this. I hope it is helpful to others.

CFAI texts, Schweser notes, EOC problems, Schweser practice exams (the two books with the notes) and the mock. I tried Q-Bank a bit, but it didn’t really work for me.

Bump