Your age

Pupdawg,

I took L1 in June and I graduated in December.

Was 22 for 1, 23 for 2, and 24 for 3 (well taking them at least).

This. Also, just looking to break in and have it make my resume look more appealing for online apps. I’ve seen a lot of “will the CFA even help?” typa threads floating around, and fwiw I’ve noticed a pretty significant uptick in the attention I’ve gotten since adding “passed L2”. REALLY hoping this will keep up until something sticks. Honestly, I may even throw L3 on the backburner if I get hitched before signing up.

You guys are so young. 35 here.

Honestly I think it’s a sample bias due to the nature of an online forum. Young folks with no wives or kids (myself included) have way more time to waste on AF than those with actual lives. I would be very curious to know if CFAI puts out statistics on the ages of candidates.

That’s what happened to me. It helped me get a lot more interviews, and eventually a job. I waited to start until my I got hired and my employer paid for everything. Focus on finding a job, not studying now.

I would be very surprised if the mean age of L3 candidates was under 30, at least from what I’ve noticed at test centers.

Agree. Mean is above 30+ which is what I noticed at my test center back in June. I was one of the youngest among 50+ L3 candidates writing exam in Westchester center in NY.

Older than all of you except busprof.

3/3 starting Dec 2011.

1. Passed Level III. I work at a small independent PM firm. Just three PM’s. Going to use it to attract new clients grow business. Other PM’s have CA and CIM so more CFA is a more marketable designation.

As for average age of exam writers in Canada at least definitely under 30. Seems like most people start a year or two after graduating.

1. Passed Level III. I work at a small independent PM firm. Just three PM’s. Going to use it to attract new clients grow business. Other PM’s have CA and CIM so more CFA is a more marketable designation.

As for average age of exam writers in Canada at least definitely under 30. Seems like most people start a year or two after graduating.

Seems like a lot of young passers. I’m 33, passed LI and LIII on first attempt. Took three attempts to pass LII.

36 - Currently Equity Rsch (Bulge Bracket Sell Side), still figuring out next move

Hey - someone’s got to be the old dude. Looks like I’m it. I can still probably kick most of your butts on a 40 mile bike ride, though.

25, just passed L3. Work as a Trader for a RIA firm…big raise comin!

i will never reveal my age… :slight_smile:

Based on last year’s CFA survey, average charterholder age is 40.

32, working for a small O&G PE firm in the Middle East, been trying to move to a bigger firm to gain more exposure in deal execution as our corpus is really small. Hoping the charter gets me an interview in to one of the bigger firms.

1. debt and equity financing and some m&a. work for a holding company

37…working for IT co. in Aus…the competition for higher age senior working professionals is coming from young chicks…but those young lot is indeed inspiration to all…

28 going on to 29 this oct. doing tax work at a big 4