NYC AF holiday get-together??

Anyone up for grabbing a beer somewhere with fellow AFers during the holidays. Maybe late next weeek (week of the 19th)? Say, midtown, like near Grand Central?

Seems that some of us have known each other for several years now. Maybe it makes sense to do something like this.

I’m down and around GCT works. The German beer place on 43rd and 3rd is good.

Sounds good, but late next week is packed though Wednesday looks ok for now. I would say Thurs, but I have a mgmt dinner that evening unless we do it late

Can we non-NYers skype in?

BChad, you have to pick one of the few evenings I’m not in NY. I’m heading home the last 2 weeks of Dec. I’d be available for a get together sometime after anywhere around Midtown.

I have evening events on monday and wednesday. Both go 7-8:30. I could do Tue, Thur, or Fri, or show up late on Wed. I’ve used a web-service that can help us list what days might work and help agree on a time… you can suggest places here or in the comments section of that site. Here’s the link: http://www.doodle.com/h4zay3kunnf8cnnu

Iteracom, I see we make good diversifiers.

dang, I just noticed that. I may be able to swing Friday tentatively though

http://www.extranerdy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/awwyea.jpg I’d go. Typically out of my job in midtown between 6-7. Anywhere near midtown or GCT as suggested is fine, and next week is good. I believe Thursday is the new Friday for these type of events. Anyone have a preferred location or strong preference as to day?

Agreed, DSPAPO and I will be skyping in. You guys will have to decide amongst yourself who will be assigned to carry around the iPADS between bars with our faces on them.

If people can’t make it next week, does it make more sense to move it to the first week of the year? Make it a New Year’s week think-and-drink?

I can’t do Wed and Fri next week but am down otherwise.

So whats the deal with the meetup?

Ok, my thurs opened up, my meeting was rescheduled. Come on people, update that link bchad listed.

I’m flying back home Thursday and will be home until NYE so anytime between those days would be perfect.

Here’s the link: http://www.doodle.com/h4zay3kunnf8cnnu It sounds like Thursday night is working out the best, and that works for me (though I have something later in the evening, so can’t get too sloshed).

Thursday is a deal breaker - I have a final

I know I’ve been lurking more than posting (trying to change that recently) but would be cool to meet up and network anyway. Unfortunately I think Wednesday is the only day I could do and it seems that isn’t a good day, so I’ll have to meet up next time! Unless this gets moved to next week that is…

If Thursday is the only day I’ll see if I can switch to an earlier flight.

OK, it looks like Thursday, with apologies to CSK (good luck on the final). Now, we need a place. Patrick Conway’s Pub (43rd bet Madison and Vanderbilt/Grand Central Termina) is a kind of standard after-work watering hole. It seems a bit unimaginative, but I suggest it just to get the ball rolling. I’m open to other suggestions (might even prefer them).