Passport date error

Just noticed that the expiration date of my passport is stated incorrectly on my ticket. I sent CFAI an email submitted the form to correct the error. Any similar issue out there and how long to get the problem resolved?

You’re like the 4th person that had the same exact problem: passport expiration date error.

Submit the form + copy of passport. They will do the rest

There is really no other information regarding my passport on the ticket except for the my name, expiration date and teh last for digits of the passport number. I sure hope they didn’t screw up the rest of the data that doesn’t appear like the issuing country, the full registration number, etc. I hope no idea if this screw up was my fault or theirs, but i am pretty sure that I put the correct expiration date. They put my birthdate in 2021.

Similar problem here - they used the long number on my passport that appears in the data section instead of the actual passport number. Both numbers appear on the passport - BUT - this being the CFAI, Im sure they could still give you headaches if they really wanted to.

Sent the form in on Monday and literally just got off the phone having attempted to get a progress check - was told that “due to the sheer volume of these forms they have received, they cannot do a progress update”…

Oh well…

If they can’t get the problem fixed do you think they will still allow us to sit for the exam? That would be complete BS to not allow someone to sit for an exam b/c a minor error such as this.

No, the proctors are given a no-exceptions tolerance.

And given the fact that we got reminder emails to check our exam tickets weeks ago, and a personal video interview regarding how “EVERYTHING must match EXACTLY” from CEO John Rogers of CFAI

I’m gonna say, not a chance

Impressive! Not even a glimmer in your daddy’s eye yet and already a L3 candidate. That makes Doogie Howser look like a late bloomer.

Why don’t they have a way to instantly change it online!?!?!

Seriously - why don’t they?

This would be a massive failure of common sense on teh part of CFAI and I imagine would lead to many very angry candidates,not to mention being grossly unfair - if there is proof beyond doubt that the person is who they say they are, this shouldn’t matter - AT ALL…

hey, I’m not saying I agree with it. But this is how it is.

I know - I wasn’t shooting the messenger! yes

Well hopefully they can get this resolved by the time the test rolls around. This is really frustrating. They told me that I must have filled out the form incorrectly, but I know if looked it over several times before I submitted it!

Did this issue get resolved? I thought my ticket was right but just noticed the expiration date on mine is superimposed. I submitting my change request today, how long did it take?

I had the exact same problem. I KNOW that I made sure the data was correct too. Hopefully they will make the change fast, as I am already anxious as it is. This just made me have a meltdown…

Looks like they’re fixing this issue rather quickly. Double check your tickets and submit your change requests before it’s too late!!!

Stunnerrunner, TommyD, Palacio Hill

Did you managed to get this resolved? How long did it take from submitting the form?

Many thanks

I submitted my request Tuesday and it was corrected Wednesday. I’d call right away and see if it can be fixed!

OK, many thanks

I submitted the form first thing this morning and followed up with a call. The institute said it was likely they’d be able to fix it but couldn’t guarantee. Fingers crossed!

Hi everyone, The passport that I registered with was cancelled. So my admission ticket shows passport details from my cancelled passport (which I still have). I just noticed this today, and have sent them the completed detail change request form along with a photocopy of my new passport. Am I too late? I will follow up with a call to the local CFA society on Monday morning (I am based in Singapore)

Also, on exam day, I plan to take both my passports, the old cancelled one as well as the new one. Thoughts? I just had a complete meltdown this morning after noticing the details were not matching. I’ve worked hard for this exam (Level 2) and don’t want to be turned away just because of an error on my admission ticket!