False accusation.. Suspected Cheating.. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi, I had my CFA Level I Exam June2015 and just received an email yesterday from PCP claiming for an investigation of suspected cheating. Please be assured that I have NOT CHEATED in the exam as I am pretty sure I was able to get the test passed with months of efforts and sacrifices of personal time. It might be a bad habit of me looking to the left during examinations, I had to look to the left to see the questions and when I am racking my brains there might be an impression I am looking a bit further than the questions cause I was focusing on the “air” to my left. I did not even attempt to look and read the answers. Please help me… I hope my message above was not too much a mess as I am still in shocked and great humiliation and stress to receive such accusation… Could anyone advice me on how to win over the false accusation and let CFA institute return my results? What should I include in the email replying them and making my own stance? I thank you all from the bottom of my heart to read this post and provide any feedback…

There was a very similar PCP investigation not long time ago. It was one of the very rare cases of PCP investigations with happy ending.

See the link below:

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-general-discussion/91328037

Good luck

You will lose. Every year, we have many many cases of people just like you, and just about all unsuccessful. since you have been accused by 5 proctors of cheating (remember, their ONLY job is to watch for cheating including people looking at other answer sheets). the CFAI takes their word quite strongly. So at some point 5 people were watching you like a hawk, and you must have done something where all 5 were sure you were cheating.

Making your own stance? it’s you vs 5 people.

Testimonial from former teachers? that means nothing. good people go bad

short sightedness? why does that explain why you keep looking left? If you can’t see, you should be looking closer to your desk, not left.

The best you can pray for is you will have your results voided this year, and pray you only get a 1 year suspension. you will likely get 3 years suspension, if not 5

Jeez, you might want to mark *truth bombs decapitating you* or something to that effect before the TC reads that.

Fatality.

Are you able to lock-in to your account and to change your profile? I always thought that these letter are send out by mail and not electronically…

They have not locked accounts this time. Adds to anxiety of many people.

people are receiving mails just for confirmation as to whether they have recvd violation letter by post

Till last year, if we were able to manage accounts, we were safe

Thank you so much for your help and kindness

i wasnt looking anywhere… im a right-handed person and i put my question book on my left, so when i was thinking abt the questions, i kept my head in a left position but my eyes were not focusing on anywhere…

omg i know im an idiot to be so reckless in the last hour of exam… i shd hv just kept my head down like wt i had done before…

oh pls a suspension is totally unfair…

and btw, “we have many many cases like you”, so u r one of those working in PCP for CFA?

yes i can still log in and change my profile…

maybe they cant reach me in a gd time by mail coz i dun live in the states

so what does this mean? am i safe…?

could u give me a bit of advice on wt shd i write in the reply to CFA? u seemed to know a lot…

I just mean to say that since they hav’nt locked your accounts this time even as you are in violation clearly indicates that this time, even if one’s account is working, he/she maynot necessarily be safe.

alright… do u know anyone getting out of this h*** as well?

Tom Brady in a few weeks tbh

#CFAI=Drago #YOU=Apollo

#youcantwin

#RockyIV

5 year program expulsion coming up

This guy sounds like a troll. If youre not…then youre kinda dumb for looking around…

for L1 forget it. accept the 1yr suspension and take some actuary exams while you wait.

If you appeal, you may not find out yay or nay for 6 months.

Why don’t you ask CFAI to do a “similarity analysis” on the paper you allegedly looked at, and put the burden of proof back on them?

Agree with everything else you said but, as someone with disabled eyes, I think the opposite is true. I find myself making weird eye contact/not knowing where to focus my eyes when Im uncomfortable and not wearing glasses. Youre simply not as aware of where you are looking.

My vision is good enough to do most things without glasses - I just cant read signs or discern faces from far away. Ill usually do anything athletic without them so Im pretty used to it too.

thank you and i shall do so.