Investigated

After reading posts about candidates being investigated. I wonder if one is being investigated but did not actually recieve a letter (lost or something) especially that that i live outside of my home country, where i took the exam. I wonder if there is a way to find out if one is under investigation … thx for your thoughts

i’m in the same boat

I think after they sent all pcp investigations, they sent an email saying that results will be out by july xx … People living in the states should feel safe now since its been a while after they’ve sent mails however people living in asia should be worried…

Won’t it be mentioned in your candidate dashboard at the CFAI website? If they could write out a long formal letter, it would not be too bad to have a case pending right there.

You still get the e-mail about the results release and there’s nothing on you dashboard about the investigation. The letter enclosed with the Violation Report warns that every candidate is responsible for keeping CFAI informed of his most current contact information. They will send the letter to the address you indicated on the website. If that is not your current address, that’s only your problem.

lilzany Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Won’t it be mentioned in your candidate dashboard > at the CFAI website? If they could write out a > long formal letter, it would not be too bad to > have a case pending right there. The letter is totally standard. I bet everybody gets the same one. They just enclose a copy of the Violation Report which was completely filled by the proctor.

Fdez Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You still get the e-mail about the results release > and there’s nothing on you dashboard about the > investigation. > > The letter enclosed with the Violation Report > warns that every candidate is responsible for > keeping CFAI informed of his most current contact > information. They will send the letter to the > address you indicated on the website. If that is > not your current address, that’s only your > problem. My address is current but that makes me more worried now. I was glancing a lot to my front right too but really I can’t see anything even if I wanted. My only consolation is there is no one sitting at my immediate right. It was an absentee.

i was ill on the day and had a massive headache and just to avoid falling apart i stayed really still and didn’t move my head at all during the exam… lucky me

you people are worried about not receiving a violation letter and thinking you should have??? If you didn’t get a letter, chill out. jeez people

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you people are worried about not receiving a > violation letter and thinking you should have??? > > If you didn’t get a letter, chill out. jeez > people iteracom: “white is white and black is black and that’s the last I will hear on this!” other: “Oh…”

lilzany Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My address is current but that makes me more > worried now. I was glancing a lot to my front > right too but really I can’t see anything even if > I wanted. My only consolation is there is no one > sitting at my immediate right. It was an absentee. so you’re admitting you were eyeing other candidates papers?

Noone has said they were cheating … but with all these other candidates being investigated without even having a clue that they might be until after receiving CFAI letter, it makes you wonder if one is reported and doesn’t know it … I think we are basically trying to make the case that CFAI should improve their communication, for example updating Candidates dashboards on line on a regular basis with all relevant information (Investigations, etc.), I believe with all the fees they collect, that’s a very reasonable thing to ask from them … Saying that it is ones’ responsibility to keep their contact information current is no gurantee … letters might get lost, especially for international Candidates.

Muneif Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Noone has said they were cheating … but with all > these other candidates being investigated without > even having a clue that they might be until after > receiving CFAI letter, it makes you wonder if one > is reported and doesn’t know it … > > I think we are basically trying to make the case > that CFAI should improve their communication, for > example updating Candidates dashboards on line on > a regular basis with all relevant information > (Investigations, etc.), I believe with all the > fees they collect, that’s a very reasonable thing > to ask from them … > > Saying that it is ones’ responsibility to keep > their contact information current is no gurantee > … letters might get lost, especially for > international Candidates. +1

Muneif Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Noone has said they were cheating … but with all > these other candidates being investigated without > even having a clue that they might be until after > receiving CFAI letter, it makes you wonder if one > is reported and doesn’t know it … > > I think we are basically trying to make the case > that CFAI should improve their communication, for > example updating Candidates dashboards on line on > a regular basis with all relevant information > (Investigations, etc.), I believe with all the > fees they collect, that’s a very reasonable thing > to ask from them … > > Saying that it is ones’ responsibility to keep > their contact information current is no gurantee > … letters might get lost, especially for > international Candidates. +100

i have had some problems with letters arriving (at all!) at my current home adress, so made an enquiry to the CFAI stating this and asking if they had sent anything (the in fact i saw i had put my work adress in anyway) they responded saying they hadn’t sent me anything anyways… breath

Can we actually do that? send an email and ask if they sent a pcp investigation? Did u just ask them if they sent you anything or you were specific about pcp investigation? if you did that, then ill probably do the same because my current address is work address.

^ yeah, me too…please let us know penny-wenny

hey,… i just stated that i am having probs receiving mail at my current address and then went on to ask if any communications had been sent by your organization… that was it i wasn’t specific. in their reply they said something to the tune that they hadn’t and they generally don’t sent stuff via regular post but by e-mail :wink:

hmm i guess thats not very conclusive cos they do in fact send the pcp investigation thing by snail mail

meshed Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hmm i guess thats not very conclusive cos they do > in fact send the pcp investigation thing by snail > mail Do you know if it is insured or not? At least if its insured then its safer however if it’s not an insured mail then there’s a huge possibility that it might get lost.