Fail email?

Can someone post the fail email they send; the counterpart of :

Dear XXXXXX,

Congratulations. We are very pleased to inform you that you passed the December 2011 Level I CFA exam. You are one step closer to achieving your goal of earning the globally respected CFA charter. 38% of candidates passed the December 2011 Level I CFA exam.

A summary of your exam results is provided below. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each topic area.

Dear XXXXXXX,

I sincerely regret to inform you that you did not pass the June 2011 Level CFA exam. Your detailed exam results, including a matrix highlighting your strengths and weaknesses, are in the table below.% of candidates passed the June 2011 Level X CFA exam. Please note that many candidates return to pass the CFA exams with additional preparation and time.

Registration for the June 2012 Level CFA exam will be available on the CFA Institute website. (Please note that you must have a valid international travel passport to register. Learn more about the candidate ID policy.)

Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.

Sincerely,

John D. Rogers, CFA President and Chief Executive Officer CFA Institute

The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each topic area.

We have divided the full group of candidates who did not pass into 10 approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates.

Your score band: <1-9>

For example, if the reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of candidates who did not pass. If the reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all candidates who did not pass.

Is there a difference in the email subject header, pass or fail?

Same subject header, but on gmail you will see the last letter on the body before you click on it. If it’s an I, you failed, if it’s a C you passed.

I think I’ll change my contact address to gmail then, because last year it took a few seconds for the email to open, which caused my heart to skip a few beats. I don’t need a heart attack over this. I’m going to wake up, look for “I” or “C”, then go back to sleep.

me too, updating to gmail. don’t want to open the email if it’s 'I".

But then you know would the result anyway. And would probably want to see which sections you did well and badly on. Just open the stupid email, face the result and move on with your day

nah, if I see 'I", I wouldn’t care about the details…until much later…probably weeks.

I sent myself a practice “fail mail” to see what the subject line would look like in gmail…

^ very clever. : )

The subject line will be the exact same, it will just either have a I, as in I am sorry, or a C as in Congratulations as the last letter of the subject line. I remember when you used to check results on the CFA site. When you could scroll down on the right hand side it meant fail since there was additional text about bands. If you couldn’t scroll you passed. Man I obssess way too much about this.

agreed

I agree too…MissCleo…it seems you obssess a lot about this :slight_smile: But then I don’t blame you , L2 is one helluva test. Hope 24th brings good news.

MissCleo, you are admitting… The rest of us dont say, but are obsessed. The fact that we are in AF means we are obsessed as well :slight_smile: Fast forward to 24th please, how I wish this option existed!..

LOL, this picture is hilarious!

good stuff guys! i think i will probably look at it, and then go back to bed either way too haha.

Hey guys, does anyone know what the subject line would look like on gmail? Thanks.

I set a filter in my email, if an email contains the word congrats it will go to a folder name pass

if not it goes to inbox, it means fail, in which case i would get drunk then open it

although there is a chance i will make sure i am drunk by results time anyway, its its a pass i continue to drink in celebration, if its a fail i say f this shit and drink till i pass out.

Ahh, good idea, taking it a step further, I’m setting up a sound for pass (ta-da) or fail (submarine dive) based on key words “congradulations” or “unfortunately”, so I won’t even have to look at the mail at 6am in the morning.

CFAI should embed the sad trombone sounds if you fail.