Passing emails sent first?

Wonder if Passing results are sent out first?

Last year received my failing L2 email from CFAI to my gmail account 3 hours after 9amET. I wouldn’t doubt they are batched and sent by P/F status since a tailored P/F letter is attached and grouped into a bin for transmitting.

In FRM passing emails are sent 3/4 days ahead of results day…

I am not sure about CFA…

No

Yes: no.

How are the emails organized? Are the topic results also included or do you have to login to the website for that? I would like to see the topic results before my final result.

The same as they were for Level I.

You did get a Level I e-mail, no?

I thought that maybe my memory was failing me, but I checked my email back in December of 08 when I took Level 1 and I got an email saying I could login to the website to see the result. There was no result in the email itself:

Results for the December 2008 Level I CFA® examination are now available on the CFA Institute website. Accessing your results requires a username and password. If you know your username and password, you may view your results.

They must’ve changed the process since 2008; Dec 2012 was my first exam and results were sent via email. Final result is in the first sentence of the email, topic results at the end.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Key words in the email are “Congratulations” or “We regret” in case anyone wants to set up an email filter to send a text to cell phone, depending on whether you want positive or negative acknowledgement. (negative ack, may soften the blow a little).

I don’t think so the timing of results has any bearing on the pass/fail status. I received my email from CFAI for Dec level one 1 hour after the stated time and still passed.

Also, these days we receive the results in the email. So you right away know whether you passed or failed, by looking at the congratulations/regret keyword.

You wrote keyword!

who is going to sign it, john rogers?

I beleive they are sent in the alphabetical order of our last names. In January a colleague of mine with last name starting with W almost went crazy. Everyone else around received their results (E, H and B) and he got the email some 2 hours later.

^i wouldn’t put too much weight on that. My December 2012 results (pass) took 3 hours to arrive, and my last name starts with B

The order is based on the candidate’s anxiety level: the more worried a candidate is, the later the e-mail is sent; those who couldn’t care less get theirs first.

How do they know?

They know.

Oh yes … bow to the master CFAI.

These forums never fail to disappoint.

Everyyear around this time, the same BS posts.

and the same BS trolls that have nothing better to do than comment on said posts

You have also commented on this BS post…lol