June 2015 Mock Exams

It’s that time of year fellaz! Let’s share our thoughts on the mocks we are taking.

Morning Schweser Exam 1: 62%

Atrocious score. The session was filled with areas I have not read nor practiced in a while.

Afternoon Schweser Exam 1: 62%. Destroyed by freaking ethics. I need that 70% high-water mark tomorow!

I’m not on mocks yet… frown

Today is my first attempt at a mock.

Morning Schweser Exam 1 (2014): 39/60->65%

I am pleasantly surprised. I expected to do much worse as I didn’t review any material before hand.

Edit: Exam 1 total 79/120 - 65%

Took my first exam - The entire Schweser Exam 1 - 57% for the total score. Not bad considering it was the first one and I didnt review anything before.

6 weeks basically to get my score up 13% certainly seems doable. Clearly have a ways to go, but overall I did well with theory questions, couldn’t remeber formulas worth a shit though haha

Might jump at the chance and buy the Q-bank to help lock down these formulas. Interested to see how everyone else is doing at this stage.

Schweser Exam 1: 60% (72/120)

Schweser Exam 2: 65% (78/120)

I’m already seeing the progress, but I still have a long way to go with my weak topics (Fixed, Derivatives and Quants).

Any opinions from retakers on the difficulty of Schweser vs the real one?

Cheers up!

62.5% with minimal cheating. I was totally destroyed by derivs. Anyone else?

Looks like the universal averge is about 60%, anyone reading into this much?

I got a long way to go.

40% on both CFAI AM and PM. I left questions blank where I had to guess.

How did you get your hands on 2014 mocks?

Yea, totally destroyed by derivs, PM, and asset backed securities.

The rest was pretty easy. I got destroyed on Alternatives too, I couldn’t remember the theories for the life of me.

Did any of you finish SChweser QBank first?

@hei.so

I am actually using all Schweser 2014 material. I registered but did not sit for the exam last year. There is enough overlap with the LOS that I feel comfortable moving forward.

62%? 65%? My exam 1 score is too low for this forum lol…

i’ve done the 3 schweser mocks in the vol 1 practice exam book.

exam 1 - 79/120 - 65.8%

exam 2 - 84/120 - 70.0%

exam 3 - 94/120 - 78.3%

i think one thing to keep in mind is that schweser mocks are straightforward, the actual exam questions tend to be much trickier.

i think CFAI is very straightforward and actually found kaplan to be trickier/wordier than CFAI for L1

scores -> 62% on Schweser 1 and 71% on Schweser 2

65% kaplan schweseer mock 1 (only half)

I’ve heard you need to score like 80% area in Schweser Kaplan stuff to be comparable to CFAI mocks from sources. Looks like I got a long way to go =(

When i was taking L2 mocks last year, I was of the same belief as you. I did much better on CFAI mocks than I did Schweser mocks. It’s holding true for L3 mocks as well.

It seems like most of us are starting out in the 60% range on Schweser. What is your strategy to improve your score to the 80% Schweser that you probably need? I plan on hitting the CFAI EOC, formula memorization w/ flashcards or a dry erase board, and blue box review during the week days. Testing every Sat/Sun with mocks. Is anyone doing anything that deviates far from this?

Let’s be honest. The more we practice the better, but those who are already between 65%-75% with 7 weeks to go should be more than fine, don’t you think? I did 65% yesterday with a 75% in Ethics, so I honestly feel comfortable, taking into account the time we still have and that my employer gives me 15 days off before the exam.

Re practice, I’m planning to take a mock on every Sunday, plus reviewing mocks and doing blue boxes (not done yet) and redoing EOCs (done almost all).

Cheers

holy crap you should feel comfortable with 15 days off before the exam.

i think your probably right but maybe a little overconfident. as far as mock scores and forgetting how much time we have before the exam, i think you’re level of comfort is still stuck in the L1 mindset. I’m weary of L2 because the variance of scores can change drastically depending on each test and the material involved. In L2 you can miss half as many questions in L1 and still see your score change by the same % points. that’s why for the next 7 weeks my goal is to expose as many weak areas as possible and tidy them up whether it be mocks/blue box/eocqs. Sure it’s nice getting good scores but at this point i’d almost rather see crappy scores and have more to improve upon then falling into a false sense of comfort. obviously it is nice to score better and have less to improve but stay skeptical my friend

I agree, I am not overconfident but it’s a good feeling when you see that you’re on track.

I cannot agree more regarding the variance of results and the threat of being tested on the weak areas. If I am tested on the max of derivatives, quants, and econ, I should do it extremely well on other areas to make a 70%… That’s why I’m treating these areas as a priority now.