Final Week Plan

What’s everyone plans for the final stretch?

For me it’s mainly filling gaps / underpracticed areas in FRA, convertible bonds, currency swaps.

Kaplan mocks I am scoring well in so this is a good confidence boost (touching 80).

I think topic tests, especially for FRA are too much of a demotivation and not a learning experience.

Timed mock marathon from sunday to Thursday review topic tests twice over, On friday skim read and in bed by 10pm.

I wish there was a way to easily print out the CFAI topic questions instead of going through each one by one. They are a great way to review.

Starting Monday not do any problems, not read/post anything on this forum (to avoid unnecessary surprises), shuffle through flashcards and reiterate all formulas (writing them down from memory) 5 times to develop an appetite and an urge to solve problems…

till sunday, mix of topic tests, closing gaps from the text (blue boxes), and honing notes.

monday-thursday, repeat known things until intimate/innate.

How are your mock scores progressing?

Finish going over my last mock today and tomorrow. Look over all my notes. Do some more questions saturday and start doing my formula sheet over and over. Also, review all my wrong answers from all the mocks I have taken. I wrote notes on everyone. Review all the questions from the CFAI mock. Look over weak areas, or areas that weren’t tested in any mocks.

Will harp on sectional tests 1. Konvexity, Schweser 2nd test book 2. CFAI topic tests revision 3. EOC revision 4. Writing formulas again n again and revising tricky learning from sets notes 5. CFAI mock FLT on Tuesday timed

I really don’t know… burnout as hell and kinda fustrated.

I just wasted 2 whole days and now my plan has gone haywire. I think I’ll do a quick review, not really sure.

Ethics ethics and more ethics. I just keep getting tricked by Ethics vignettes.

• Gap filling
  • Formula practicing to remember as much as possible
  • Relaxing since Thursday till exam

15 hour study days! goin over mocks, topic tests and writing out formulas. It should be a great time.

Topic Tests mainly. Did a lot worse on the official CFAI mock than I thought I would, so going to run through all FRA & Equity topic tests again. Make sure my backward induction stuff is fresh & make sure i dont screw up an easy econ question like forward MTM or triangle arbitrage

I’m really considering a final read of Schweser notes! I’m scoring 60s in mocks, I do really terribly on theory questions. I think I would get more from going through the notes once again since I’m pretty comfortable with most calcs.

what is maximum hours a day you are studying for the last 7 days and in next 7 days?

Doing topic tests + reading/watching videos on the areas of difficulty.

Here’s my plan:

Today (May 27th): complete last of Topic Tests (FRA, PM, Equities) and revise Ethics

Saturday - Sunday (May 28th - 29th) - Schweser tests vol 2

Monday (May 30th) - Review all topic tests (yay for a day off from work in the US)

Tuesday (may 31st) - review Schweser tests - may have to limit this to the questions I bombed, even though I’d like to go back and review all the tests

Wednesday - Thursday (june 1st-2nd) - Review everything!

Friday - June 3rd - Read ethics in the morning, go over formulas, stop studying by early evening

Anyone burned out? I can only manage to do half a mock per day since I spend more time revising. I always manage to find something that I dont understand and spend way too long trying to cover it.

I’m getting there. I have logged close to 600 hrs and basically haven’t been out on a weekend in about 5 months. I’m starting to go crazy. Weather is getting really nice, its memorial day weekend, and I will be stuck in my home studying. We only have a week left - just keep pushing through and stick to your study plan.

That first beer at 5:30 on June 4th will taste that much better.