About CFA LV2 MPS..?

I’m curious about lv2’s minimum passing score…

anybody has an opinion about this?

I have heard everything from: “you get a 60 and you’re fine” to “you basically need to be around 68-70 to pass”

so I have no idea. Anyone else!?

Nobody knows for sure of course, but I’ve heard some study prep course providers in the past say their best estimate is that it’s probably about 63%.

I heard a prep provider saying as low as 50.

50 is unlikely.

You can check this guy’s math, from 2014: http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-ii-forum/91335196.

scorpiomanoj took two self-report results on AF:

• " MSC 2488", who failed with band 10, but got >70 in Ethics, Equity, Corp Fin and FI (nightmare)
  • " manuag", who passed. I can’t decipher his score, but I think it would take 5 min to recreate the table from his jarble.

scorpiomanoj says manuag could not have scored higher than 63.3%, while MSC 2488 could not have scored less than 56.7%. I’m ignoring 56.7%. Obviously, this assumes the self-report results are authentic. But manuag’s is the score that matters, and it’s formatted so poorly it seems less likely he did not copy it from his email, but not impossible.

You’d have to know exact 2014 weights. Plus, 2014 questions and writers are different.

To me, believing in 63% is a tiny comfort when I’m ready to scream. But doesn’t affect me aiming much higher.

If that were true I would have passed last year.

70% is almost a guarantee pass. I’ve heard that CFAI said they have never failed anyone with 70% or more. Wiley says it is probably 63-65% for level II, and I think so too. It may be as low as 60%, but I don’t think it can be lower.

Jay were you the guy that said you scored in the mid 60s on mocks and failed last year on band 7? I recall that from a different thread?

Thats scary AS **** to me…

I haven’t cracked 64 yet on a mock but I have this entire coming week off from work

No, I only did 2.5 mocks last year and was scoring in the mid to high 50s if I recall, and I failed Band 9.

Tutor at exam prep was adamant it was 4/6 per vignette

66.7% MPS basically.

That’s scary. I’ve heard 80/120 is a clear pass most years :confused:

That’s scary. I’ve heard 80/120 is a clear pass most years :confused:

Jaywill… how did you do in last year in FSA, Equity and CF?

51 - 70 on FRA and Equity

< 50 on Corp Fin sad

perhaps if CF didn’t screw you over… you would’ve passed im assuming… btw how deep did you go into the topics you did ok on last year??

are you skimming any topics this year?

I’ve heard plenty of people who got less than low 60s in their mocks passed L2. The key take away is that they were thoroughly prepared for every single topic, no skipping, or punting anything. And did over 5 mocks.

Its tough to pass if you dont do well on the heavily weighted areas.

last year, I scored 70+ in Equity, FRA, Derivatives and Eco. 50 to 70 for FI and CF. Below 50 in Quant, PM, Ethics and ALT. failed at 10th band. Too tierd after taking the exam to actually sit and do the math behind it all. can anyone help with what % i got? anyone?

Already posted your likely score in the other post.

Your likely score will be withing 70-74 out of 120, which is around 58.3% and 61.7%, so that is a sure band 10. From estimate and predictions, level 2 MPS is mostly around 63%, and that means you have to get 76 minimum out of 120.