Anyone burnt out?

So, is anyone really burnt out?

Extremely.

Hours of study per day are getting gradually less. And I still haven’t gone through a single mock/past exam.

Yes, however this is the fourth quarter where champions are made. Like in professional sports, the last 2 minutes (last 2 weeks in this case) matter for everything.

I must admit I’m getting pretty sick of this whole thing…I long for the days when I no longer have to study for the CFA.

I switched jobs in Feb. I travel Monday - Thursday. I study every night. I try to get to the gym regularly too. My work hours are very long. I cannot wait for it all to be over honestly

productivity has down so much. cant say how much this has dropped. hardly focussing thz days… :frowning:

Can anyone provide some inspiration.

yup… i just keep thinking about how badly i dont want to do this again next year to motivate myself.

Extremely. On and offf studying since January 2016 has gotten to my head. I don’t feel ‘alive’ anymore, I need my LIFE back!! (a little melodramatic, but you guys can attest to feeling like this).

2 weeks left till freedom… give it your best shot.

For some bizarre reason, studying like this makes me emotional and nostalgiac (probably longing for the days that I never worried about passing something like this.)

I also suffer from ‘analysis paralysis’ i.e., I tend to keep going back and re-studying area that I don’t feel totally confident about instead of speding more time on mocks. To date I have only done 2 AM mocks (really half mocks I guess) and a smattering of topic tests. Life and work keep getting in the way of my focus and it’s making me nuts!

yes… the thing is I’m scheduling about 100 additional hours of study until the exam but from my experience in level 2 only the final 2-3 days of cramming have any real value

I do the exact opposite, I start to wind down 2-3 days before the exam and don’t touch the books the day before so I can go into the exam well rested. I find my mind wanders too much during the last couple of days anyway…usually just run through some flash cards and go over some ethics.

I’m toast. I cannot wait until this crap is over. Hopefully forever.

You really should

Still going through the topic tests first, will start doing 5-7 AMs on Thursday.

Some of these TT are really difficult?

You’re finding them difficult? I mean, I did, but based on how you seem to answer everyone’s question at this board I figured you’d fly through them. Lol.

I’d say there’s a 50/50 that I’ll pass to be honest.

The questions asked here are mostly basic material. laugh

Some of the TT are very difficult, yes. Some you breeze through. All in all, they’re very worthwhile to go over 1x at least.

Not burning out just yet. The whole studying process has become pretty routine now and just an extension of my work day really. If it’s anything like last year, June 5th and on will feel like I’ve gone down to part-time. Having a good feeling about how the exam went will certainly help the stress level over the 10 or so weeks it takes to get results back, so there’s some motivation beyond just the threat of having to do it again.

2 weeks ago I completely burnt out, and took a weekend off for a wedding.

Now for some reason, I just keep remembering the amount of hours I put on this and the almost 3.5 years of study… which is making me focus quite well on study, the day is there and I don’t want any regrets.

I will make it, we will make it.

I just got back from the doctor…I have a strained trapezius, and I think there’s a good chance it’s from sitting and studying too much.