PCP Investigation!

I am a Level 3 Candidate with the fulfilled work requirment for the charter… and they apparently suspect me of cheating during the L3 exam. I got the PCP Investigation report today, and replied with a letter of my own. The nearest person was sitting quite far, so I dont even know why they would think that. They also never told me anything but just reported it (3 reports aall stating the same thing)… How bad is it? Can they actulay cick me out completely, or suspend me for a few years??.. I did move around, and at times looked around to gather thoughts, but I did not look at anybodys answers… damn!.. What can I do to fight it??.. Please let me know. Regards.

e-mail me joeydvivre at yahoo dot com

they didn’t say anything to you during the exam?

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > e-mail me joeydvivre at yahoo dot com Joey “Makes problems go away”

Yeah, right. I attract problems like s&^t attracts flies. On the other hand, if you have flies you might want to stand nearby.

No offense but if 3 reports all say the same thing then you probably deserve it, unless they all gathered to screw you over, which I doubt. Don’t act like you’re surprised that people are accusing you of cheating if you are moving and looking around the test room during a test. Every first grader knows that. If you don’t know how to properly sit at your desk to take an exam, then you deserve to be kicked out. I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

Hi armagedon_69, I’m also exactly in the same boat buddy. I got PCP investigation letter for absolutely no reason! Three alleging reports all with same content. I cross my heart I never looked at any body’s face in entire exam. I did look around the hall couple of times to take pauses, but then, we all do it in exam, right? Joey please help!! I am down in the dumps.

dean1981 you are saying all this because you weren’t written up by CFAI. Let me tell you, all three reports had same handwriting, same content. And now since two similar cases have come to light, it clearly seems to be a conspiracy against a few. It appears like these proctors want to renew their annual contract of proctor-ship, and in this pursuit they randomly pick up innocent candidates. Consider yourself lucky, you weren’t picked up for this evil game. You can’t imagine how traumatic it is to face charges when you know that you are innocent. You have a tough time explaining your family, colleagues, employer why your results are being voided even when earlier you had told them how well the did the paper go. Consider yourself plain lucky dude!

I’ll help but you gotta write to me because airing out PCP investigations and advise on how you minimize damage is a problem on AF. If you didn’t do it, you have a decent chance of getting out of it but shelve the conspiracy theories.

Is it possible to wear horse blinders for tests? I hope I get a front row seat on the corner…I’m scared.

Thats unbelievable…any report against you is not noted with your acknowledgement on it, leave alone your signature etc…thats truly unbelievable…and this is happening in USA? Do you think AIMR is throwing them open to a lawsuit, if any of the wrongly charged candidates decides to take up on them…because come to think of it…even a traffic violation citation requires your signature on it…I understand that AIMR is not bound by any law but I would hope…by common sense.

how do they notify you? Is it through mail or email?

"Do you think AIMR is throwing them open to a lawsuit, …I understand that AIMR is not bound by any law " QED.

renaissance05 , All I’m saying is that armagedon_69 even admitted to “mov[ing] around, and at times looked around.” Who does that during a test?! And that’s what we know of. Plus, how do you know he didn’t cheat? If I saw that kind of behavior as a proctor, I’d write him up too. And to suggest that there’s this evil “conspiracy” of proctors picking out innocent victims to renew their contract . . . that is ridiculous.

dean1981 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > And to suggest that there’s this evil “conspiracy” > of proctors picking out innocent victims to renew > their contract . . . that is ridiculous. yes, but i must say in my many (sadly) years of taking the cfa exam that i’ve seen more than a few overzealous proctors. and some of them most definetly seem to be “looking” for violations. for instance this year i had a proctor scream at me to stop writing even though i had clearly closed the book. not sure what she saw, but i had already finished the exam and therefore most definetly was not writing after the announcement of hte finish of the exam.

I don’t think proctors get their contracts renewed by busting people, but I think lots of people move around and look around at other people while they are taking an exam. You can’t really copy from someone else very effectively anyway. I think 90% of these PCP investigations are BS.

I looked around during the exam. I also moved around a lot as it gets uncomfortable sittin in one spot for 3 hours. I do the same thing at work. The proctors arent very bright people and in most cases (you are the one taking the exam, not them) and probably do not understand the implications of reporting someone that displays unusual behavior. I’m still not sure how this person had three seperate reports against them. I think I only had two proctors in my room, but i was in a fairly small room. If they were all proctors that reported him, they definately discussed this before individually reporting him. I’m sure some idiot could have seen me moving around and done the same…like thinking… this guy is moving around to get a better glimpse of someones paper. I have limited respect for many of the proctors’ knowledge, based on stories i have heard from others and also based on the fact that the proctor that read the instructions to my morning exam read on a third grade level.

IMO, the proctors should discuss the violation in the exam room itself(after the exam), so the candidate will have fair chance of explaining the situation such as stiffness, dumbness in the legs etc. But “moving around” leaving the seat, to me, should not be allowed. However, one can stare at the ceiling, through the windows at the sky or something similar is not a serious thing as it really hurts eyes to only concentrate on the paper. But in any case, the proctors, if they decide to write/report any violation, should do so at the end of the exam but with information to the candidate. Also, in some technologically equipped test centres with closed circuit cameras etc, it may be possible, that they randomly watch the video recordings, after the exam, to find out which candidate has seemingly violated the test procedures. In this case, this surprise reports can be sent to candidates. This is just what I think, not to hurt anyone who has received the PCP reports. My sincere sympathy to those and wish them luck.

My wristwatch broke down just one day before the exam day, then I violated the testing rule by taking my desktimer into the test room. The proctors caught me, bothered me during the AM sesstion several times about my violation, then wrote a report to CFAI. Later I was told I should expect PCP but so far no notification from CFAI yet. I am still kinda worrying.

bostonkev Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is it possible to wear horse blinders for tests? That was funny! I just picturing now a room full of candidates wearing different color blinders! My take is that proctors are hired mercenaries, so they’ll have no mercy. It’s not like a college professor who you known all semester and maybe gone for beers before.