"Sex Work Among Medical Students On the Rise?"

So, according to this article, medical students are literally prostituting themselves to pay for school. Sexy doctors? Why haven’t I heard about this?

Also, this study is based in the UK. In the US, it’s probably more popular to just take out student loans - further proof that borrowing money can solve all problems.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/sex-work-medical-students-rise/story?id=15808597#.T1DdSJjlAUU

“In 2006, about 6 percent of students reportedly knew a peer who participated in sex work. Now, those figures have risen to just below 10 percent, according to the research.”

“Past surveys have noted that pole and lap dancing are the most popular type of sex work of which students participate. Stripping is second and prostitution came third, according to the report.”

They are well suited for it. Unemotional and capable of dealing with unhealthy, fat, naked people.

I bet this is Asian chicks. I can’t think of any other type of med students that I’d want to pay for sex.

Short conversation between me and a 3rd year neonatal cardiology hottie student giving me a 20 GBP blowj_b.

IEV: “what’s your specialty again, sweetie?”

Med student with her mouth full: “neo-betl … gardi-lo-lo-gy”

IEV: “can’t understand, what did you say?!”

Med student makes a pause: “neonatal cardiology”

IEV: “Sounds nice; all right don’t lose your stride …”

Well, the survey was if people knew someone performing such work. It’s quite possible the number of participants has remained unchanged and they’ve simply improved their marketing.

I should have hung out around the med school when I was college, I thought they just sold their blood. I had read previously though that exotic dancing was popular with “qualified” med school students.

This is a terrible idea. When have you ever seen an attractive woman doctor? Never? That’s what I thought.

More proof that medical school is a bad idea. You can add that to the list with law school and most other graduate programs.

It seems to taint one’s judgment as well. Just saw an update last night on facebook that my college roommate who is now a doctor is getting married. The woman is another doctor (you guessed it, not attractive). Bad move, buddy!

Ugly girlfriend; no confidence.

Yeah, it baffles the mind. You do all of that work to get into medical school. You do all of that work to get out of medical school. You take all that debt. You plan to work hard for several decades. And you… settle for an unattractive woman. *record screech* “Whaaaat?”

Edit: He is not even 30 yet. Life planning fail.

^ Lol

Actually, I know a number of cute medical students. They are not “hot” like Cindy Crawford, but definitely could be called “cute”. Strangely, most are Asian, as ChickenTikka says. Clearly, he has spent some time thinking about this.

6% vs. 10% - BFD

I’ve known several female doctors that were definitely very cute. Unfortunately, one of them was a friend’s wife, so verbootyen.

I suspect that the residency requirements must be tough on doctors early on. All those very long nights with no sleep and nothing but hospital food to sustain you. It can’t be very healthy.

I know a hot massage therapist…is that a doctor?

Um are you serious? I completely disagree with this point. No I dont have pictures.

Yeah, so this thing happens on the internet where people like to argue against common sense. Let me break it down for you:

Getting into a decent college and doing well, while not a hurculean endeavor, is challenging for many people. Getting into and finishing medical school is harder still. If you have distractions in life, those activities are harder still.

Most attractive women don’t need to do that, because they are attractive, and therefore have many options (“distractions”) in life.

Most people take the path of least resistance in life.

You do the math.

In the history of the world have there been hot classy female doctors? Sure. Is it the norm? Not at all. I’ve literally never seen one except on Scrubs and ER. Hot classy babes can either just marry rich or go into something lame where they coast on their looks (broadcast journalism comes to mind).

For whatever reason, pharmacy school seems to break the mould (I guess because they weren’t quite good enough to be doctors).

Yea hot girls have had men at their mercy all the time growing up, and by no surprise, I’m sure they figured out which buttons to push to get what they want.

What about Olivia Wilde on House?

Attractive female MD’s are few and far between, but let’s face it, attractive females in general are few and far between. Same goes for guys for that matter.

You could still argue that the distribution of hot females is skewed away from the medical profession. Clearly, some jobs have a higher average hotness than others.

Several hot chicks on House. But that’s the whole reason House hires them b/c they COULD do something else instead of being an MD, by virtue of being hot.