fired, starting to study now.

I got cut from my job today, one of five people, the company brought consultants and they told them that the company is overstaffed

I was not planning on doing the Level III exam caused I was focused on proving myself at work, although I had registered way back when I passed Level II, I did not study.

Worth the shoot to go at it hard from now till exam? Anyone out there truly done it in the recommended 300 hours?

Obviously you don’t have another job lined up…

You may start trying for another job right from today but there is little chance you can be sure of getting a acceptable alternative soon or by 3rd june… may be lucky to get one but no way of knowing how far it may become true…

So what else better alternative you have got other than restarting (as you will not be starting from zero after all!) the preparation of L3 with full earnest and give it a honest try by spending around 10-12 hours (with well deserved brakes in between) in preparing single-mindedly for it … it is highly likely you will be able to clear it …What do you have to lose by trying for it. May be this is the devine oppertunity for you towards ultimately getting your Charter instead of spending whole effort in the job for longer time and thereby losing the touch of studying and motivation of completing CFA ! Whatever happens - happens for good only (specially if you have no control over it!) Whether any one else have been able to do it before or not really does not matter …each individual is different and may be you will be the first to say on this forum,"I did it in 33 days, peparing full time for it. You too can do it." Have faith in your abilty and trust in God - all will be well at the end.

Plan out each day and hour with curriculum outline and follow it strictly at any cost. Any difficulty … just post it on AF. Keep last 7 days for practising all sample tests, practice tests and mocks spending as many hours of study you can do during the last week doing so. Only one thing - give up and forego all facebook, internet and social parties etc for next 34 days - believe me it is worth it. The email from CFAI in August will compensate for all your loss of enjoyment during this period. Just take the plunge all our wishes are with you. Good luck.

I appreciate that you took the time to motivate me, I got noone arround me, like you said, I am going all in just so that I can get that passing email and then forward it to all those haters, but mostly for myself.

In god we trust, I will stay away from AF unless I have serious questions, and we will soon know if this monster can be taken in 33 days. I did bodybuilding contest prep for years, it would be 12 weeks of hell that paid me nothing, lets do 4 weeks of hell which might actually give me something.

good luck, and I hope you managed to stick your ex-employer with the L3 registration when you signed up way back when.

As you say, study your ass off until the exam, and it is perfectly doable studying all day with Schweser and then doing the practice exams

If you study 10 hours a day, every day, you’ll log 320 hours. If you’re someone who can absorb the material faster, maybe you can pass with only 200 hours under your belt. Either way, it’s worth a shot. You’ve already paid, and there’s a reasonable chance that you can pass and save yourself both a year and another registration fee - just understand that May is going to be a grueling month for you. And if you have a significant other, do your best to solicit their support.

No guarantees here, and it’s a tough road to slog, but it’s still worth the effort, since you’ve come this far.

dang. 33 days to plow through level 3. Get ready for nothing except eat, sleep, & study for a solid month.

You might as well go for it! I’m in a somewhat similar boat, not the fired part, but the fact I haven’t put in a substantial amount of time in my studying for L2. So far I’m running mid-50s% on my Schweser practice tests, so I think I still have a shot. Time to buckle down for the next month!

It would be super depressing to fail band 9 or 10 have have to redo this shit another year.

Getting fired is rarely a good thing. But you have to admit that the timing couldn’t be more perfect – suddenly your calendar is totally open!

Would’ve sucked to have been fired on June 1st, right?

I believe that you have a better chance of passing than most of the folks that have been studying 12-hours-a-week since Jan 1st.

Make sure you get yourself some third-party study materials, as time is of the essence. And do every old CFAI morning exam you can get your hands on.

Go! Go! Go! And good luck.

I texted everyone I know saying I am leaving the country for a month, disconnected my home phone, even my girlfriend was instructed to to even email me till June 2nd. Its been a while since I busted my behind for anything, I guess as we get older we start giving up on our dreams as we realise hard work does not always pay, and it is realy hard to get what you want. Again thanks for all the motivations, I wont respond to any new posts, however I do appreciate anyone who posts motivating comments.

I am doing this for everyone who has been screwed over by life, it aint much, some might say its just a stupid exam, but hey we dont get to pick our battles. Right now nobody wants to fight me, got no opportunities lined up, so I will take on this exam be it a big deal or not.

Thanks.

It’s not the end of the world, I’ve done it in about 250 ours but were more spread. It’s only up to your dedication, and your mental capabilities. Good luck

KrazyKanuck

That happened to me the first time I wrote level three, I failed in band ten. I then buckled down for the 2nd time, studied my ass off to the point where I felt I was loosing grip of my sanity in late April. I pushed pass that and kept loging hours while putting in overtime at a job I hated. I sat down to write level three the second time, completely gaped out in the afternoon session and failed landing in band five…now THAT is super depressing. hahaha

It’s true that hard work doesn’t always pay. But no work usually never pays.

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it

30 days for 9-5 5 days a week is enough for L3 if you have aptitued for finance and quantative background. Remember you need to pass and not ace it.

Isn’t that a little excessive? I don’t think I could focus knowing my family and friends are probably worried about my wellbeing.

Yeah, maybe you should tell them what you’re doing. They might get worried that you suddenly disappeared after losing your job…

firedcfa, don’t just do this for yourself, do it for 'MERICA

but seriously though this^

Also with no job, studying 8-10 hours a day, you’re going to have plenty of free time to socialize/ talk to family. Being a hermit will probably make you more likely to burn out.

I’m rooting for the OP and the other dude who also went all-in and used his vacations to beat this b!tch in 30 days too.

Thank you all, I am gona do my best not to disappoint you, things been tough, the family business which was started by my granfather 50 years ago went bankrupt a couple of days ago. An uncle of mine transfered all of the funds to an offshore account and packed his stuff. The entire family tree lived off that business.

Anyway, just adding this information in case the result comes out as a pass people next year can read these posts and say they can pass the exam no matter how bad they have it

thanks again.

What? That uncle is a fucker.

Is it just me, or is it always the uncle that does something crazy?