How much water do you drink a day?

I drink close to about a gallon (3.75L) on average a day… twice as much as recommended. Then again, I live in a dry climate.

At least 64 oz.

3.75l is a lot come to think of it… i do aerobic exercise but i would guess something like 2L a day average maybe more if you include juices/coffee/soda… i guess it depends on your weight also.

if i am drinking beer then all bets are off

I’d say about 80 oz. Give or take. On the weekdays at least. Weekends, i’d have to read what’s on the bottle of Maker’s Mark.

I drink 2L

…of Coffee

Phillip Platt and co drink 6-8 cups of water a day.

If by water you mean beer and by beer you mean whiskey…1L. I’m a functional alchoholic though.

If it’s not pure water, then the portion that’s H2O still counts. So beer counts, just not 100% of it (ok, it’s probably 90-100% water anyways.)

ah black swan got to it first!

What happened to Phillip Platt?

Hm lets see…

2 mugs coffee before work 3-6 more during the morning at work ~3 glasses water during the afternoon 1 full brita filter jug of water after work 3-4 bottles beer/~half bottle wine after work

So probably 2-3 liters water. Give me a hangover and that probably quadruples.

That was one of my favorite posts ever. “I don’t do drugs. I drink 6-8 cups of water a day.” That and “Stop staring at money!”

About two liters of water (68 ounces), more if I’m exercising, and sometimes less if I’m just working all day and sitting on my bum-bum

isn’t the rule half of your body weight (in ounces)?

so if you weigh 200lbs, drink 100oz

if you weigh 150, drink 75oz

Um, half your body weight in ounces is still half your body weight. If you weigh 3200 ounces then you should drink 1600 ounces a day. It may sound like a lot, but, hey, that’s the rule!

Is that standard, imperial or Troy ounces?

Why not just drink water when you are thirsty? Your body will tell you much better than any so-called experts. (Not counting extreme situations such as running a marathon where you may tune out your body’s signals.)

Do you get a medal for drinking a gallon a day?

If you want expert opinion anyway - according to Freakonomics authors, it makes no difference. I think they are right.

there is a staggering amount of producitivity lost on bathroom breaks and trips to the water cooler in this thread

Already doing that and my body demands a gallon a day… I assume the vast majority of people also only drink water when their bodies demand it and I’m wondering what’s the average, at least over here.

How is your body “demanding” a gallon of water a day? Do you work as a paver in Florida or are you sitting in an airconditioned room all day?

Jut like fiber most people don’t get enough water every day but 2 qts is fine for an office dweller. Obviously more if you are active and sweat.