2012 NFL season

Finally here. Screw my family Sundays; my kids will ignore me in a couple of years anyway so let’s make it even now, yeeeeaaaah!

This season’s burning questions:

1. Your early Super Bowl pick?

2. When will the real refs be back (I mean, please)?

3. Do you think Peyton Manning will finish the season or will be leveled badly for the year?

4. Will Tebow take the starting QB job this year?

5. Who’s better, Andrew Luck or RGIII?

My answers.

• Green Bay over Texans

• Week four. Just pay the guys!

• He will finish, but we won’t play well in CO weather my mid-November

• Maybe, both Jets’ QBs suck.

• Luck by a mile. Redskins’ fans got jobbed.

1. Texans

2. No idea

3. Leveled badly

4. YEs

5. Luck

More predictions: MVP - Matthew Stafford

Last place team: KC Chiefs

1. Bears

2. Week 3

3. Finish season

4. Who cares

5. Luck

MVP: Brees

Last Place: Dolphins

For the next 4 months, I will have 6 day weeks.

1. pats, but watch out for Texans

2. week 4

3. making the playoffs, but losing in the first round due to simply facing a better team

4. starting RB

5. RG3 this year, luck will have a better career

1. Green Bay

2. Better be soon

3. Career ending injury before the end of the season

4. Yes

5. Luck’s better, but RGIII may have a better year due to having a slightly more complete team

Seahawks are going to surprise some people this year with their defense and running game.

Football is fake, like wrestling.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

1. Tough call this year, but I’ll go with Green Bay

2. Week 5

3. This has a serious consequences for me as a Chiefs fan since we play the donkeys twice in the last five weeks of the season. I think he’ll be around but not his pre-fused neck form.

4. Not likely.

5. Luck

Additional: Chiefs will win the AFC West but be the fourth ranked team in the playoffs and probably lose the wildcard game. San Diego is old and will have a remarkably unremarkable season. The Raiders will be the Raiders and implode in spectacular fashion. Denver will be the tough one. Ultimately Manning won’t have the weapons and will fall short. The Chiefs will beat Denver in week 17 to secure the division title.

1.) Pats, because GRONK

2.) maybe after 6-8 games. The replacement refs seemed fine last night, so they don’t have much leverage

3.) I think he finishes the season; ends up 6th adn 10th statwise

4.) Tebow will start at some point, but Jets miss the playoffs

5.) Luck

1. Eagles over Ravens

2. Don’t care. Last night’s game was officiated just fine (well except the Victor Cruz illegal block in the back call)

3. He will be his old self but no where near the 5k yards that Rodgers/Brees/Brady/Stafford will put up. He will be more of a 4000yds and 30TDs stat guy

4. Tebow will start before week 5.

5. RGIII

1. Ravens over Packers

2. Week 3 or so

3. He will play the whole year but have a bad year (~3500 yards or so)

4. Tebow will take over as starting QB sometime around mid-season

5. Fantasy-wise or real life? RGIII for the former, Luck for the latter.

1. Falcons

2. Week 4

3. Play badly

4. Tebow was just a bubble

5. RGIII

A lot of good matchups. I do like GB a lot and I also think the AFC has gotten better. The biggest tossup is the AFC west. I think KC has an opportunity to shine. SD, as stated, is old. NFC East has the best division (again), but at the end of the day, I think it’ll be GB over NEP (again)

As far as the refs, no f’n clue. I’d say week 4 as well.

I do think Peyton will have a productive year. He’s a remarkable QB, and even with bad players around him, he’ll play the entire year AND they will make the playoffs. McGahee needs to be healthy though, he’s the x factor IMO. Peyton is the best PA QB I have seen, and if the defenses respect the run, Peyton will excel

I’m a Gator, and wish the best for Tebow, but they both suck.Maybe Tony Eason (sp?) will make a comeback

Luck will have a better year in terms of passing/TD numbers. RG III will have a good year as well. RG III has a better team

I drafted Eli in my fantasy pool and I’m starting to regret it. I know one game doesn’t make a season, but this isn’t the first time I drafted him. He is inconsistent. 200 yds and 1TD is not enough for a QB in this era. Not when the big guns are getting 400 yds and 3TDs consistently.

Former Trader, I drafter Eli too (over Romo). I wanted Ryan but he went right before. In all fairness, he could have had 2 TD passes, as there were five drops, and two in the end zone. He is no Peyton, but he does have two rings, which emphasizes his ability to come through when it matters most (end of the season). Eli will finish with 3700 yards and 34 TD, but he’ll have his 15 INT’s to boot. I always viewed him as inconsistent as well, but I think it was more of a mental thing as I always viewed him as Peyton. I do regret not getting Romo after the first game, but it is what it is.

Hopefully McCoy will have another great season, barring Vick is healthy.

GL this year :slight_smile:

He might have the rings and the Mr Cool/clutch title, but for fantasy he is one of the most unreliable guys at QB in the regular season. People who drafted him will definitely suffer this year. Just look up the Giants’ schedule this year. Its fking brutal.

Having said that, my starting QB in the AF league is Josh Freeman… so yea…

Hard to say he’s so inconsistent as a QB. One can argue he isn’t a first tier QB, which would put him atop of others.

60.3%, 3,238, 21-10

62.3%, 4,021, 27-14

62.9%, 4,002, 31-25

61%, 4,933, 29-16

These stats are not THAT bad. The issue that he has id he tends to try to thread the needle, and, as stated, he’s no Peyton. He needs to be more consistent in his passes. For someone who threw for almost 5K last year, 29 TD is not great. But that’s what you’re getting, and will continue to get. He was the option I had between him and Romo, and I picked Eli. I’m a Cowboys fan, love them, but went Eli.

That being said, the league commish changed the QB TD’s (Pa/Ru to 4 pts), which is beyond asinine.

1.) Early Super Bowl Pick = Green Bay

2.) Refs? No idea

3.) Peyton will finish the season but could miss a couple games. He’ll be monitored carefully.

4.) Tebow won’t take the starting QB job, but is probably better for the Jets system than Sanchez. But whatever, every time I think of the Jets offense I cringe anyway.

5.) Andrew Luck is a once-in-an-era talent

I also wanted Ryan over Manning but he was drafted right before I had a chance.

This must be the 3rd or 4th time I draft Eli in his 8 year career. I don’t know why, but he is always available later than I think he should be.

My other QB is Rivers (8 team league) and I have a feeling I will be just as frustrated.

Michael Turner is done. In case no one received the memo.