2012 NFL season

Jets all the way

For those that have C. Johnson, how many more weeks are you willing to be patient?

I’m leaving C. Johnson on my bench until at least week 6 (or he starts playing better).

Is anybody else enjoying the games more with the replacement refs? That Packers Seahawks game last night would’ve been way less entertaining without those ridiculous calls.

The problem with C. Johnson:

1. You can’t start him

2. You can’t trade him

3. You can’t drop him

Bradshaw named starter this week. Coughlin sure does love his veterans.

CJ lives to start another week.

lol @ Jets.

It’s good to see the Saints tanking their season because there’s no way they’d lose the Super Bowl at home, so my hopes for this year are still alive.

Who wins in this trade:

Team A gets Michael Vick, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, and Dez Bryant

Team B gets Robert Griffin III, Chris Johnson, and Rashard Mendenhall

Griffin is the best player in that 6 man deal. Johnson has the potential to be second best player. Mendenhall is a wild card and a gamble.

We pretty much know the upside of Vick and Green-Ellis. The league caught up to Vick and Ellis is an average RB. Bryant is #2 in Dallas after Austin, so don’t expect #1 numbers.

You get more depth with Team A but the potential for more explosion with Team B.

team A= value stock

team B = growth stock

How bout them Bears!!!

I feel bad for whoever had Romo on their team…

or Mark Sanchez

Thanks for the thoughts, former trader. I especially like the comparison between one being a growth stock and theo ther being a value stock. Definitely makes sense.

Hey guys, I have a trade offer here and need the opinion of other fantasy experts here.

• I give up – Roddy White, BenJarvus Green Ellis, Christian Ponder
  • I get – Chris Johnson, Rashard Mendenhall, Cam Newton

The way I see this trade is I give up a top 3 WR in Roddy White, a solid and reliable RB in Green-Ellis during a year where there aren’t many good workhorse backs, and Christian Ponder who I don’t really need. I get a stud QB in Cam Newton (who is better than Michael Vick, that I currently have), but Chris Johnson and Rashard Mendenhall are both question marks. I realize Johnson was a lot of people’s #1 draft picks, but the Titans O-Line has looked terrible and what creates the “meeting of the minds” in this trade is that everyone in the world seems to think Johnson is going to have a terrible season and week 4 was an aberration. Yahoo’s “projections” (which I don’t normally even rely on) also expects me to be a loser in this trade. On the other hand, Titans could get better with Kenny Britt back and an easier schedule ahead of them.

My question is, how much upside do you guys think I can get out of Chris Johnson and Rashard Mendenhall? Is there enough margin of safety for this trade to make sense? Should I even pull the trigger or stand pat? Here’s my team roster:

STARTERS: QB: Michael Vick WR: Roddy White, Wes Welker RB: Arian Foster, BenJarvus Green-Ellis Flex: Jeremy Maclin TE: Tony Gonzalez K: Greg Zuerlein DEF: Arizona BENCH: QB: Andrew Luck, Christian Ponder RB: Brandon Bolden, Bilal Powell WR: Dez Bryant, Ramses Barden DEF: New York Giants I am 2-2 right now.

One other benefit to the deal is that in getting Newton, I can then either trade Newton or Vick to try to get another receiver to fill the gap of Roddy White.

It will kill your WR depth for little upside on RB (assuming CJ performs well going forward)

Why not switch Roddy White with Vick in the trade offer?

I wanted to offer him Jeremy Maclin or Dez Bryant instead and threw in Vick, but he really wants Roddy White (and seems OK to have Christian Ponder since he is going to keep using RG3 as his QB)

How good do you think Mendenhall will be?

lol @ Tony Homo.

Anymore thoughts about the trade I’ve been offered? I know there are fantasy experts on this forum! Help a brother out. Thanks.

I don’t think Mendenhall will be fantasy relevant at all. Steelers have a shoddy O-line and they have already changed their mantra from run first to pass first.

He will be similar to Benson. One good game out of every 5.

Giving up Law firm for CJnoK is even and so is Cam for Roddy, but thats not worth it for you. Give him Vick, Ponder & Roddy for Cam, CJ and another stud.

Roddy has the most fantasy value at his position. You should get more for him.