8 glasses of water a day...

Myth or reality?

I usually have dry skin, lips and scalp. I heard drinking water more often might help. Anyone actually drinks 8 glasses a day?

I heard there’s almost that much water in your regular meals and there’s no need to drink much more.

believe it or not, I think we actually already have a thread on this. Sweep jokingly said he drinks 5 gallons and Blake hustle was quick to call BS to make sure nobody fell for those nasty lies! Good job Blake!

I definitely drink more than eight glasses of water a day, but that includes drinks with meals too. Helps me digest and I just feel healthier.

It is a myth, they talk about that in the book Freakonomics.

how much is 8 glasses in terms of litres?

It can be anything equivalent to 8 glasses, doesn’t have to be water.

Best is to get a variety such as juice, milk, tea, coffee, wine, etc.

I just got done with a Wednesday afternoon round of golf. Had two liters of water in that time. If youre out and active in warm weather you can drink an amazing amount. Iraq vet told me they would drink 10 liters a day on hot days. Blake doesn’t need water as he gets hydrated by his masters degree.

i used to get mouth ulcers about once a month,

started drinking as much water as i could per day and the frequency’s come down.

That is a foolish lie. Blake absorbs moisture and nutrients through the air. He is also able to excrete impurities into the surrounding atmosphere, thus eliminating the need to poo and pee.

^ hahah i also immediately thought of this

@ Alladin: 8 glasses of water (8oz each) ~ 2 liters

Yes, here is that thread:

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/water-cooler/91315075

Too busy drinking water to reply…

I was honored to be called a crazy dwarf by Blake for the above statement.

Lewis Black talks about the 8-glasses issue at about 8:25, but the beginning is good too.

http://www.healthtm.com/health/lewis-black-milk-water/

Note there are some profanities, so NSFW if your office is strict about that. There are no taboo visuals, though.

About two liters.

I have heard the “half-your-body-weight” thing, too. EG–if you weight 200 pounds, then you should drink 100 ounces of water a day. That’s 12.5 8-oz cups, or about 3 liters.

If you’re trying to lose weight, you should double that. EG–if you weight 200 pounds, you should drink 200 ounces of water a day. That’s about 6 liters, or a gallon and a half.

Not sure how scientific this is, but that’s how it was explained to me.

i am confused…if the avg person drinks 2-3 litres a day…what about athletes then? must be ridiculous

I definitely don’t drink 2 litres a day. Not including fluids from food. I think this can only be answered by form of physical challenge. I nominate Alladin to get a 3-litre jug and drink it all within 24 hours.

I have this sensory capacity called ‘thirst’ which I generally rely on and not sure if it is well calibrated to the 8-cup benchmark

i am on it me lord